New Colorado

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by theduckguru, Sep 20, 2014.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Cool, outa be a great fit. You work over in the Shreveport plant?

2. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

31 years.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Sucks they shut that down, we need all the industry we can get in north la(I'm just down the road in Ruston).

Did Elio or whatever they're called end up doing something with the plant? I know they were supposed to make a three wheeled deal there if I remember correctly. The old guide headlight plant in Monroe is still sitting empty after V-vehicle deal fell apart, a shame to see that.

4. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

West Shreveport/Greenwood/East Texas misses the GM plant quite a bit. In our heyday the plant alone handed out over 5 million bucks a week in pay. Had it not been for Haynesville shale money it would have really done a number on this area. I know I would be spending way more money buying new things I didn't really need had the plant not shut down. I wouldn't have retired for at least another 2-3 years and it would have been more likely I would have tried to hit 70 before retiring.

But retiring young does have it's pluses.

My thoughts on elio is that it is just a sham. One day the guy will end up in a country with no extradition treaty with the U.S. sitting on a pile a few hundred million high.