New DSD Honkers

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Jun 29, 2017.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Smart move with your last sentence that you posted!!:tu

2. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

I to saw them at Game Fair. Never had actually seen and DSD's before. Very nice decoys. Nothing I would ever own (okay if I won the lotto) but beside the overall aesthetics they look like a well made decoy. His turkey decoy was very impressive.

3. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 New Member

I wish we had game fairs and more outdoor shows in NY. Would be nice to actually see stuff in person before you buy. Would be cool to see diffrerent decoy venders. The Harrisburg PA outdoor show is closest thing we have to stuff like that. Hoping to have my Dsd by 3 week sept.

4. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

Just got word, my decoys were shipped Friday!

Lonegoose35, GK1 and Wareagle1 like this.
  5. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Don, anyway you could post up some pics of them next to another brand of decoys like Avian or Bigfoot? Maybe text them to someone if you're unable to post? I've contemplated making an order for next year.

6. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

Taking a picture of DSD's and ANY other decoy as comparison is fruitless. You cannot compare...it's DSD and then there are just decoys.

ED Vanderbeck and Wareagle1 like this.
  7. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

P1000287.jpg P1000292.jpg

8. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

I'm more looking for size comparisons then anything. I've debated honkers or lessers, though I'm leaning towards honkers. I asked for the same from anyone with RDC's as I got multiple conflicting answers from the owner and then again from actual decoy owners. Seems the owner thinks it's fine to not be truthful when talking how large the lessers are (as I'm sure it leads to more decoy sales). I know if the lessers are scaled to actual lesser size, they will be too small for my purpose. If they're the size of the old, and new reintroduced GHG lessers, I would be fine buying a dozen honkers and a dozen or more lessers.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  9. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

Rick, taking a picture of older generation DSD's that have been hunted hard compared to your brand new Deceptions isn't exactly apples to apples. In a few seasons let's take a picture of some brand new DSD's next to you hard hunted Deceptions...

10. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

I think there is a side by side comparison of the DSD models on their website. The new one piece honkers are noticeably smaller than the original honkers. I've always felt a smaller number of the larger size originals was much more effective than a larger number of the smaller lessers. The new models look great but I won't be selling my originals to fund a purchase for them.