New DSD Turkey decoy "Leading Hen"

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Dan Mallia, Jan 28, 2014.

1. duckman77

duckman77 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the pic. So what do ya think? Is it worth the extra $10, or should I just get the upright hen?

2. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Wow .. I'm impressed:tu

Sure like to hear how the ole' gal does;)

3. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

I really like this pose. :tu. I forsee this being used with a feeding hen. Decoy gives the look of "well, are you coming along or what, I'm going this way" :dv

Put this decoy on the edge of some brush, heading into it.........:tu

4. gbuckcanuck

gbuckcanuck Senior Refuge Member

after seeing what zink has come up with for this year I think the boys at DSD might need to sharpen thier pencils a bit

5. Dan Mallia

6. gbuckcanuck

gbuckcanuck Senior Refuge Member

I've got 3 DSD turkey decoys. I had the new zink decoys in hand a couple of days ago and while they are not as good as the DSDs they are closing the gap. With the price difference I think zink is going to take a lot of business away from DSD.

'Made in America' is a great thing and is certainly a key decision factor if the price difference is not too big. When the price difference is huge its not a factor that rates to high, at least not for me.

Having talked with both the DSD shop and Zink about different matters in the past few weeks I can say that zink is coming out ahead in the customer service department - at least for me anyways.

7. Wastinshells

Wastinshells Elite Refuge Member

I stared at the DSD in the store today. Honestly I think the DSD sat third for me behind the Dakota. Less feather detail and the colors were too light for me on the DSD. My opinion.

The only reason I thought I gave them a look was because they are made in the USA. But then I wondered, are they just being made in some plant by illegals who ship their money out of the country?? :sp

I bought two Avians. Got them ready at the house and they look really nice. Theyll fool turkeys, at about half the price of the DSD. But you guys could shoot turks over tires right?!

8. Dan Mallia

Nope, farthest thing from that....................