New from Northeast WI

Discussion in 'Member Intros, Announcements, Refuge Gang Events' started by Golden1, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Golden1

Golden1 New Member

Hi all, new member from Northeast WI here. I am a long time hunter and dog owner. I have had several good hunting dogs during my time. Started with a Golden and then ran two ESS. My second ESS is now 13 and beyond her hunting years. I now have a 9 week old Golden and very excited for the years ahead. Hoping to learn and contribute a few things here.

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard! It must be snow time in your area. My YLF is coming up on 11 and I can see her retirement ahead. Good luck with the pup!

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome to the Refuge! Be sure to check out the Gun Dog sub-forum here as well - sounds like you'll fit right in.

Golden1 likes this.
  4. Golden1

Golden1 New Member

You just had to throw out the S word didn’t you API? LOL. Yeah we’re getting close to it. Little snow last weekend in the northern part of the state. I always like a little snow for deer hunting but other than that I could leave it.

5. API

its been ingrained. Right out of college, my fil took his young family to northern Minnesota to work for US Steel. The weather stories are still family lore. After two years of MN the family moved to SoCal and never looked back. I’ve never been to WI or MN myself, but I’ve heard enough. :l

6. Golden1

Golden1 New Member

I wouldn’t want to give up summer and fall though. Makes winter worth it. At least until I’m too old to hunt.

7. API

Understandable. The fil was born and raised in the Panama Cansl Zone where his Dad was an engineer. The northern MN winter was more than he could handle.