New GHGs

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Corey from NZ, May 21, 2018.

1. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Decent looking decoys but I absolutely hate the low hanging wings on some of them.

Ringbill likes this.
  2. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Have to agree. These XD's aren't nearly as correct as the original ProGrades, in my opinion....not even the non-low-wing positions.

Clayton likes this.
  3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

X3

My entire floater spread is Pro-Grades with a dozen Avians mixed in, based off those pictures I 100% like my current progrades more. The EVA plastic sure would be nice though for weight and durability. Maybe with these dropping the "old" outdated pro grades will go on sale for cheap.

Clayton likes this.
  4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I sincerely hope they don't stop producing the current pro grades in all species. If they do they have lost any future business from me. I haven't seen this much potential for a screw up since they made the no head feeder and not the surface feeders hunters wanted, for their own reasons of the bills icing up and then had to correct that error and produce the surface feeders anyway.

Clayton and Tuleman like this.
  5. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

Those new XD's look very similar to avian X mallards. I switched all my mallards to avians when they first came out. I'm super happy with them, I don't see switching again until these get really beat up . . . so far so good.

Ringbill and dux/24 7 like this.
  6. Greentops

Greentops Senior Refuge Member

Seen these decoys in person today. They look nothing like an avian x. Not even close. With all the hype I'd give them a 6 /10. Hens were light brown almost a yellow tint. Maybe they'll grow on me. Just not what i expected.

7. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

I was in the process of shopping for soft plastic floaters last year and somebody told me to "wait till next year when the new GHG's hit the market." The GHG look good, some interesting ideas regarding angles and poses, but nothing that would make me sell my hardcore rugged series and buy these.

8. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Where did you hear all this? No-head feeders came first because it was a super quick and easy decoy to add. The surface feeders and skimmers required another year to produce carvings and molds. Personally, I'd rather have the no-heads, but skimmers and surface feeders were always in line to be added.

9. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Bill, Back when the old GHG talk forum was still active I questioned them about surface feeders and was told by one of their staff that they thought they would look to much like a dead duck laying on the water and spook incoming ducks.

Ringbill likes this.
  10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I don't recall that, but I recall all the planning meetings. Interesting theory, but it always seemed to me floating dead and empty hulls are a magnet for more birds.

Clayton likes this.