New gun on the market

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by possumfoot, Nov 30, 2017.

1. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

Called a Breda. company once owned part of Benelli.

The guns are similar to a SBE2, but so much smother (did not even know it was possible.) spoke with the importer, and they are hand made. ribs are hand laid so they actually shoot dead on POA. gun will even eat some old rios that i have that will not feed in any other gun. even has a low rib option like the original H&K.

2. Gander

Gander Elite Refuge Member

I wouldn't say new. I shot one at a big sporting clays shoot in May of 2015. A few of the top shooters are sponsored by them and do quite well with their guns. I felt the gun I tried was too light but it functioned very well.

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

4. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

let me clarify. waterfowl gun. for the us market. they have a small share in upland/sport and 3 gun. the B3.5sm is what i'm referring to in particular. and as stated, they used to own part of benelli.

5. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I understand they are relatively new to the U.S. market, what I was stating is Breda has been making firearms since the 1920's and has had shotguns on the market in Europe since the 1950's. They are not new to gun manufacturing.

6. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

There are no $1500 shotguns in the world that can be considered "hand-made".
    http://bredausa.com/products/grizzly/

Only the very naive believes that gun is hand-made. I guess it depends on your definition of "hand-made". It's undoubtedly hand-assembled...as are all guns...but to believe each part of that shotgun is carved out of a block of steel or aluminum or plastic or wood by a man with a hacksaw and a mill file would not be reality.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. Dave in AZ

Dave in AZ Senior Refuge Member

These Breda Grizzly's have been sitting in the "crap guns" racks at my Cabelas for over a year now, unpurchased. I've hefted it a few times and worked the action, it seemed nothing special, didn't hold my attention as much as the old $200 model 12 sitting next to it.
    Wakeman did a review on another Breda, the damasco, and it didn't fare too well.
    http://www.randywakeman.com/BredaXanthosDamascoTwelveGaugeAutoloaderPartOne.htm

8. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Did the model 12 get a new home?

9. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

There seems to be a following of pigeon shooters across the pond , that love them !
    I've always thought the Breda's were the first Beretta Auto's as their look alikes seem to be 303ish !

10. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

IMO, care should be taken when using this cat as a reference given his history of contradictions and general duplicity.