Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

New Hunting Regulations Announced

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by yellowdog05, Mar 27, 2012.

1. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Progress??? Damn, Doc.......muddy could of used this information before he ordered this years supply of poisonous frogs

2. muddyduck

muddyduck Elite Refuge Member

One last time....Crossbows in the state of Maryland, until recently, were illegal for hunting deer with the exception of those that had a health issue that prevented them from drawing and holding at full draw a Vbow. My opinion, (bolstered by the statements from the preeminent bowhunting org), is that it should still be the same with the exception of use during any gun season, or if Xbows have their own seperate season dates.

The use of an Xbow in and of itself is not unethical, using them during a bowhunting only season and checking them as a bow kill is not illegal and not unethical to many, but it certainly deserves at least an asterisk (kind of like steroid enhanced sports records).

That is IMO, which is based off of the positions I listed from P&Y, and when P&Y changes that Principle I'll run right out and buy a Xbow. When I get older and can no longer draw and hold a Vbow, if I still want to hunt during the Bow Season, I'll make the conversion at that time regardless of P&Y's position. And MNapier I used those "copy/pastes" to show why I held those positons. In other words, it wasn't based off of thin air or just my wants.

I don't see any rebuttal to the emotional arguement about baiting big game animals with statements from big game hunting orgs. (probably because there aren't any)

For healthy adult males that still disagree I have only one suggestion....

Deer have a hard time with shades of red....you should be good to go with this. :dv

[​IMG]

(please take the pink hoodie pic in the joking manner it is meant as I'm taking this entire thread with that frame of mind)

3. muddyduck

muddyduck Elite Refuge Member

Poisoned tipped arrows are a no-no so sayith the Code.

4. duck-it

duck-it Senior Refuge Member

If this thread is any inkling of the what retirement is like, then I will continue to work till I'm 100...:doh
    Baiting = fair chase, then why isn't it allowed in waterfowl hunting?
    What do I know I only have 88 posts since 2008.
    Someone starts a boys club to study large game animals and then it becomes the Holy Grail of hunting, really.
    Can someone hold my shirt open so I can beat on my chest a little louder then when I am finished someone pass me the koolaid. Big deal...

5. carolina girl

If I had to wear a pink hoodie to be able to hunt with a crossbow, I would wear a pink hoodie and still hunt with a crossbow.
    :tu

6. carolina girl

Providing its warm enough, I will even wear pink crocs.

My neighbor is a breastcancer survivor.
    :tu

7. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

I wonder how many able bodied guys buy cross bows because they are too meek to draw a compound?

Good explanation alex, I rest my case... sort of... :dv

8. carolina girl

I believe thats as primitive as it gets.

Evidently, the weapon of choice for this club can not be too easy to use.....but, It also cant be too hard either.

I gotcha!
    :l

9. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

cool...

I personally volunteered to test the new breasts of breast cancer survivors who had to get new ones.... it was a thankless job... most of them didnt thank me, and you would think they would have been appreciative, but they kept yelling, screaming, hitting, scratching and spraying pepper spray, ingrates......

10. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

Me too, maybe I will wear one anyway. I don't have a problem with wearing pink.