New member from WI.

Discussion in 'Member Intros, Announcements, Refuge Gang Events' started by Vandy Grift, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Vandy Grift

Vandy Grift New Member

Hello all,

Thanks for adding me to the board. I am a novice waterfowler, with about 6 years of duck hunting under my belt. I also began to target geese this past season. I hunt WI except for one occasion where I was able to hunt around Portage Des Sioux, MO. I did have hunting partner who was forced to relocate for work so I have been hunting solo for the past 3 or 4 seasons.

I joined the board because I have decided to scrap everything I know (or thought I knew) about calling ducks and am undertaking the Carlson Method of call operation. I am hoping that once I have had some time to work on the lessons I might be able to reach out to some other students of the method in an attempt to gather some feedback and/or tips.

Any words of wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome to the refuge there is a wealth of knowledge on this site from seasoned veterans and new hunters alike.

Vandy Grift likes this.
  3. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard!

Vandy Grift likes this.
  4. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Glad to have you hear on the forums. I spent time years ago listening to the Carlson tapes on operating a duck call...very useful information.

Vandy Grift likes this.
  5. BADLARRY250

BADLARRY250 New Member

What part of Wisconsin are you from Vandy