New 'Posting Pictures' option

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Native NV Ducker, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Admin1 just told us about a new way to insert media....

2. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I can't get either method to work ?

3. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

So,we no longer have to use a hosting site like photobucket to upload photos from?

4. admin1

admin1 Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

No you don't. But you can if you like. There are tons of options for adding photos here. If it is a photo on your computer, my suggestion is try copying and pasting it right into the post. It should work and give you the option to either attach it as a thumb or full size in your post.

We also have our own gallery (like a photobucket). Click Media tab at the top. You can add your photos into the gallery and then embed them.

If you still like to a use a photobucket or even facebook, I suggest using our embed media button. Looks like a film strip when you are composing a post.

5. dirtyquacker

dirtyquacker Senior Refuge Member

Duck2010 045.jpg
    Testing 1 2

6. Sault Ste. Marie

Sault Ste. Marie Elite Refuge Member

Could you make this a 'sticky' so that we can easily refer to it in the future? I never did get the hang of how to post a picture before.

7. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]

Can even paste from another web page...or the same one lol

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Navigate to the thread you want to reply to. Have your cursor in the reply box.

Now, open your pictures file. No need to open the actual picture, just be able to see the picture file. If you minimize your picture folder, you can have it showing on top of your browser. As you see in the attached image. Then, just put your cursor on the file you want to transfer, left click and hold, then pull it over to your dialog box/reply box. Let go. Wait a few seconds, depending on the speed of your computer.

Attached Files:

9. Native NV Ducker

Or you can just hit the upload file button at the bottom of the reply box, navigate to your picture, and double click on it. Then hit the 'full image' button. (which I didn't do, but will on the next post)

Attached Files:

10. Native NV Ducker

Bread Bunnies (5).JPG