New Pup

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by dakndug, Mar 19, 2009.

1. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Well ladies, it's been way to quiet in here. So I thought I'd give ya something to go "awwww" at! This is Petra, she is a Drahthaar, in this pic she's 10 days old. She'll be coming home in about 6 weeks. She's the one with the blaze on her face. I can't wait. I know Kimmie, it ain't a Pointer but I am REALLY looking forward to this adventure. Dakota is gonna be SO JEALOUS!!!

Hope all are doing well!

Doug

[​IMG]

2. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Doug......Now that is one cute pup. Give me a call if you get tired of her......I'll be glad to take her off your hands. ;) When I first saw your picture, I thought ohhhh geeeeze.......a skunk got in the wood pile a few generations back. :l :l

I wish you many years of enjoyment with her......she's definitely a cutie.

3. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! There, I feel better. She is reallllllllly cute.

4. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

:spLD,

You're so funny! "skunk in the woodpile" :l :l :l

(probably funnier to me as I just removed 2 from the gene pool for stealing dogfood and spraying dogs in the kennel)

What a sweetheart Doug!!!

:tu

5. Lame-Duck

Kimmie.....Out in the grasslands where I duck hunt, I currently hold the record for the most skunks killed in a single weekend with a vehicle. Two years ago, I took out 5 of them egg robbers with my pick-up. :grvn My wife was not nearly as pleased about it as I was......she was definitely pizzed :mad: I had to park out on the street for a couple of weeks in order to keep peace at home. :(

6. Kimmie

I bumped one with my old Camry... I saw the fog hit the front of the car and for a good 2 weeks it just STUNK! You'd park it in town and you could see people walk by and be like ":scratch :z"... It was pretty funny until you had to ride home in it... I had to ride around in my Jeep at 2 gallons to the mile back when gas was 4.00 a gallon but I just filled 'er up and rode on. Anything beat riding around in the car!

7. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Thanks ya'll, I'm really looking forward to a really busy summer/fall with her getting her ready. Pretty much every weekend we'll be going to club training weekends. I can't wait. At about 6-8 mos I won't have to worry about skunks, she'll dispatch them easily! :) I think it's gonna be many fun years of chasing game!

Kimmie you know the mixture for getting the skunk stink outta your dog will get it outta your car for the most part too! :D

I'll post more pics as time goes, you can bet on that.

Doug

8. Kimmie

I used Bounce sheets...

:l

9. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

your little puppy is too cute!

LD, keep on hitting the skunks so I don't have to!:tu

10. Lame-Duck

Val.....I certainly will keep after them. I wanted to do a tailgate pic of the 5 dead ones, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :no.....the smell was just too overpowering.