Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

New Speaker Options from JJB

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Juvie Juke Box, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

We are very excited to announce that we will now be offering our callers with power horns. Although we feel the best quality sound and clarity comes from our current speakers, as well as them being plenty loud, to better fit the needs of our customers who want to be able to really crank the volume in their spread we chose to start offering this option.

I've had a few people ask what the main differences are between the two so I will adress that first. Our outdoor speakers allow your sound to come out at the quality that the track you have was more than likely designed for, or what it sounds like through your computer. Whether that is ours or another such as snow bait. Higher quality, better highs and lows, crisper and little distortion at increased volume levels. The trade off is they won't reach the "screaming" sound level that a horn will. This is due to the fact that horns are designed to be loud and directional. Power horns are used on PA systems all over the world and even tornado sirens (the super huge ones) The sound quality out of a horn is good enough to kill geese, that's been proven for many years. We just feel our speakers give you the extra edge the geese aren't used too, and that they get plenty loud. For some, they want that extra volume and we completely understand so we want to meet the needs for everyone who'd like to have our caller system.

You will have two different options, the first will be ordering any of our current units and going with just horns for the speakers. The second option will be having one of each speaker style on our two speaker units, and two of each style on our four speaker units.

When ordering on juviejukebox.com or through Facebook just let us know in the comments during ordering what you would like. If you'd like to order via direct paypal or over the phone send me an email or PM.

As always two or four of our speakers we currently use now is still an option and if not specified will be used.

We are working on a couple new features for the callers that will come standard with every order sometime in the near future. This summer we will be releasing one or two entirely new and unique caller models, so stay tuned! As we move forward we are always looking for new features or additions that would better serve our customers so if you have something you’d like to see let us know and we will try to make it happen!

We greatly appreciate all the business and feedback we have had so far from our customers. Getting to chat with and help out fellow snow goose hunters is what Juvie Juke Box is all about! I would especially like to thank those here on the refuge for all the interest in our products and feedback I've had through PM'S. I enjoy talking to every customer I get the chance too.

Cliner likes this.
  2. Wheels

Wheels Refuge Member

Thanks for continuing to think of things that make a better call. I would love it if you could find a remote that controlled the volume that has good range, I built a caller with a volume adjustment on the remote but you had to damn near be standing at the box for it to work. Looking forward to see what you will be offering this summer, I want to order a call, but you're making me hold off now.

3. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Have you played with mixing and matching the speakers? Ie, two horns, and two of your speakers?

4. Juvie Juke Box

We are looking into this but like you everything we've tested up to this point has a range that is worthless, I stumbled upon a new volume control last night in my research on this very subject so hopefully we are getting closer.

We've ran them in the shop quite a bit like this to compare sound quality and loudness. We used this last year on a couple hunts where it was really windy as well. Birds didn't cooperate and it wasn't due to the sound. Likely will be out the next 4 days at least part of the day so I will try and grab some comparison videos.

5. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

Man if you had on/ off switch , volume control and ability to change tracks from a far than you would revolutionize the market

6. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Mine does but I've never tested how far I can go and the remote still works.

7. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

To help extend the range of such items like 12v remotes, I've purchased cheap antennas off ebay/amazon and wired them to the antenna wire coming off the remote. Extend the antenna and I'm able to turn e-callers, vortex, etc off from a greater distance.

timber hunter likes this.
  8. Juvie Juke Box

Well you guessed one of the new features!

That will be one of the new features we are adding, it will extend out of the caller about 2' to increase the function-ability of the remote. But will be compact when not in use. It will be painted so that it wont shine as well.

9. Juvie Juke Box

By on/off switch do you mean you just turn the caller on and it starts running for you?

Both the 2nd features we are working towards and hope to achieve them by next spring. It'd more than likely increase the costs of the units we include those features on, but I think people would be willing to pay more for volume control/track control?

10. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I certainly would. If you guys keep responding to guys comments n actually using it as input and apply it to your r&d you'll crush it. Whiterock decoys is a prime example of a company that listens n responds to customer comments. And I for one beleive there customer service is one of the best In The buisness.if you continue on quick responses n paying attention to customers and produce a quality product I beleive you will be right there with them. Don't get to big for your britches n let egos take over as some of the now large outfits have done.keep it up