New Supporting and Ad Free Memberships

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by admin1, Dec 21, 2017.

1. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Guys,

I understand the argument about how some on this site get pop-ups and redirects vs other sites that don't, but here's some news from today showing that it really is happening elsewhere...

https://www.komando.com/happening-n...rce=notd&utm_content=2018-01-23-article-title

A quote from the linked article above...

There is a link at the end of the article above for a program download for Chrome browser users, although supposedly it might work on other browsers also.

What we really need, just like with street thugs, et al, is to have some of these hackers caught and severely dealt with such that it becomes undesirable to do it... but don't hold your breath for that to happen.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

If any of you surf Fox News on your iPhone without ad blocking software, you get the same popups. And Fox isn’t the only one, just one example.

WoodieSC likes this.
  3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

As this has gone on, I have posted articles like Woodie's, such as NBC and TMZ.

And, as I explained then, they have dedicated IT people, who's job it is to search for and remove this kind of stuff. We have a guy 'on call', which makes it a little tougher. IT work doesn't come cheap.

WoodieSC likes this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Well, that will help

WoodieSC likes this.