New to Arizona

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by verybadshot, Aug 4, 2007.

1. verybadshot

verybadshot New Member

I am an avid duck hunter who just moved to phoenix from michigan.(talk about a change) I have not a clue where to begin looking for possible duck hunting locations in the state. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be a great help.

-Steve

2. Humvee

Humvee Senior Refuge Member

North.

3. verybadshot

verybadshot New Member

Ok i was asking for that, could you be a little more specific?

4. DefectiveDabbler

DefectiveDabbler Elite Refuge Member

Steve, PM me your phone number. I can help you get started. If you are willing to scout, ducks won't be a problem.

Most of the guys on this forum work hard to scratch out honey holes and aren't paticularly fond of broadcasting them.

Fortunately for you, you caught Humvee in a good mood. If he was having a bad day, he would have just pointed to the sky as a clear indicator of where to look for ducks. He really did throw you bone ! :D

5. 1-Black Cloud

1-Black Cloud Refuge Member

Hey Hummer how far north are we going to be hunting? Will I need a heavy jacket? Please PM me with all the info. Thanks Buddy.:tu

6. Humvee

You didn't get my PM? Hhhhhmmmm, that's strange. Guess it must have got burned up in a firewall. Man, and it had detailed directions on where we will all be meeting on opening day.

Oh well, I tried! Maybe Birdup will post a picture of where we will be kicking things off.:yes That, or 12ga will post up a link to his food plot shoot that we do around Thanksgiving every year.:dv

7. Humvee

:l :l :l :clap
    I think I did just point, but Cody reminded me that I don't have a webcam!:l

8. mr.smith

mr.smith Senior Refuge Member

Find water in a place where you can legally shoot and you should be good to go.:tu

9. OleManRiver

OleManRiver Senior Refuge Member

Look East! Pardon the spelling,it's been a long time,find Pachacho Resivore.Don't know if it still has water ? This "Ole" Iowa boy,used to slam "em" there,back in the "70's" Good luck.

10. verybadshot

verybadshot New Member

"What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Theres no ducks in the desert!"

The work brought me out here. I just got out of the Marine Corps and this was where the jobs were. I can't complain, i got a good job and i've grown to tollerate the desert over the past few years. To answer the last question, Theres ducks everywhere, its all in how determined you are to get them.