new to the Refuge...

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by (proud) HNTG WDOW, Dec 3, 2008.

1. (proud) HNTG WDOW

(proud) HNTG WDOW New Member

Hello, hello. So, I'm new to the Refuge... I've been hunting on 'n off for years now. Almost always w/ "the boy" as my g/f's are more interested in sleeping 'til 10am and watching Mtv all day, but that's neither here nor there, and I've almost always hunted waterfowl, primarily geese. (The 2 times I've spent in a deer stand both resulted in the coldest naps I've ever taken... Ooops!) What would you recommend on here for a good 'ole Eastern Shore girl lookin' to learn a 'lil more about what the sport has to offer women and/or in general? Thanks so much!

2. Bre5584

Bre5584 Senior Refuge Member

welcome!
    i grew up in the duck blind and then took up turkey hunting a few springs ago! i've always learned most of what i need to know from my dad and brother but you really can learn a lot from the people here on the refuge. of course you can't beat good old experience...

if you ever have any questions, post em up either here or in the area that pertains to your question and you should get an answer back pretty quickly.

i don't know if you turkey hunt at all, but i receive women in the outdoors magazine (the subscription comes with your annual nwtf membership) and many times it comes with some pretty good tips, as well!

:tu

3. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Glad to have you here! Looking forward to seeing some photos from some of your hunts and reading some of your postings. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Welcome!

:tu

4. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

Welcome to the forums.

I usually spend a few weeks hunting waterfowl, switch it up for a our short season of pheasant and then back the waterfowl...mostly geese like you.

This year I branched out and went deer hunting. I'm totally hooked! And today after work I'm going pig hunting. I picked up a new bow last night and can't wait to try that out too. Another first for me as I've never owned a bow.

Well, enjoy the site and again, welcome!

Val

5. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

Welcome! Have you tried checking with your local DNR or local game farms might have info on women's hunting groups or BOW(Becoming an Outdoor Woman). Perhaps Safari Club International might have some stuff in your area too. Just a thought. Good luck and happy hunting.

6. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the fuge! Where on the shore are ya?

Doug

7. (proud) HNTG WDOW

(proud) HNTG WDOW New Member

Good 'ole Dorchester County, of course!