New to the site

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by saggaswild, Nov 19, 2008.

1. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

Hello ladies,
    I am new to the site and new to duck/goose hunting. I have a 2 year old yellow lab that retrieved his first goose this year and on the same day I shot my first goose. Just wanted to stop for a minute and say hello.[​IMG]

2. twentygauge_wonder

twentygauge_wonder Senior Refuge Member

Welcome! It's always nice to hear about another lady hunter out there.

The women's forum is usually pretty quiet, but alot of the others are rip roarin' fun! I find that the best topics are in the state "flyway" forums.

Congrats on your first goose, and to your lab as well.

3. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Thanks for posting up and saying hello! Always good to see new faces!

Best of luck to you this season and look forward to reading more posts from you!

You can tell how glad I am to see someone new... Double post! ha!

:tu

4. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

Welcome to the board!

Congrats on your first goose!! WTG :clap :clap :clap

5. Blueyed-goof

Blueyed-goof Senior Refuge Member

Welcome! Congrats on the first goose!! :clap :flame

6. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

Welcome. What the hell is that dawg wearing??

7. Bre5584

Bre5584 Senior Refuge Member

welcome to the fuge and congrats on the first goose!!!

duckologist- this made me laugh because i've always had labs growing up, but my boyfriend has a little chihuahua. last thanksgiving while he was away visiting family i dressed him (the dog) up in a little pink dress and sent picture message after picture message to my helpless boyfriend two states away. that's what he gets for having a little yappy dog!! :yes

8. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

I wondered when someone would ask me that question. My pup was recently diagnosed with an auto ammune conditon. The protiens in his blood attack his hair follicles and when the hair tries to grow they become brittle and break off. When this happens the follicles get infected and dies. So he has lost alot of his once beautiful coat. So in order to keep him warm to hunt I have had to be creative in his outfits. LOL My friend tells me when we hunt together that his underwear is showing. LOL I am probably the only person who brings a rug and a blanky for her lab in order to hunt in the cold weather.

9. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

Oh one more thing.

Kimmie I am also a proud mother of two son who serve in the United States Army. I currently have one son in Iraq as we speak and my oldest son that came home this past June.

Please remember all to send cards and packages to the troups. The holidays are a very hard time to be away from home and loved ones. A package of home made goodies goes a long way.

10. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

My boy goes to Parris Island in February for boot camp. Then he's looking into something in intelligence. Sure sounds better than "scout sniper". I think the three days we fought about that might actually of done some good on that front. :dv

I commend you on pushing on with your dog. I know issues pop up here and there and it's good to see you care enough about him to let him do 'his thing' still...

Glad to have you here!
    If you need anything just let me know!

Kim ;)