New to the site

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by saggaswild, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ericDC

ericDC Elite Refuge Member

dang ducko..how do you feel now. :nutz

2. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

He don't feel anything... Maybe numb at times.

:flame

Who loves you Ducko? ;)

3. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

Sagga had a coat up to around his first birthday and the issue really became a problem. $800 later was told by the new Vet that it was only cosmetic. That the condition was very rare and there were no really great ways to fix it. There are drugs out there but side affects would cause him more damage internally in the long run. So I have to be creative and leaving him home is not an option.

He was meant to work and hunt. He runs very long marks with ease and looks like he has wings because he is so fast. He drives me crazy when we are home to long. He usually retrieves everything he can get his mouth on. LOL But usually only my things. I will probably never be able to duck hunt him in the very cold weather. The water and weather would just be to much for him but I guarantee if I said lets go to work. He would be right there to go and hunt.

The Vet says that maybe with a long shot that his ammune system will fix itself and just might let him actually grow real hair instead of the peach fuzz he has now.

The issue started when he received some medicine from his original Vet and he had a reaction from them. But this I can't prove!!! All I know is before the meds. he had a really beautiful coat and now he doesn't...anyway he is mine and just because he has a problem does not mean I should give up on him. He is way to good of dog and companion for that. Not a day goes by that he does not make me crack up at him for something silly he has done or give a big sigh for something new he has learned and applied in training. Boy you sure can't telll how much I care for and about this crazy field bred yellow lab...

4. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

That's my girl. Why would I feel bad about asking that?? You know you was curious. I ain't skeert to ax!!

5. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

Welcome to the board. Always a great thing when another woman posts. Where in Michigan do you hail from? The U.P. or down state? We are in the U.P. very often.
    Cute dog too. Hope to see more posts from every woman!

6. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

We are from the western side of the state in a little town called "Shelby". If you blink you are through it. Lake Michigan is only about 10 miles from my house.

Oh another thing I would like to pass on. I got a call from my oldest son last nite who is stationed at Fort Benning, Georgia to let me know that he and his wife are expecting a baby. This will be my first grand child. I am still in a little bit of shock but happy for them. My son will make a great daddy.

7. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

thanks for the info. Congrats on the new soon to be here grand child. Have you ever layout hunted on Lake Michigan? I have not, but might be interesting to try some time.

8. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

I have not. This was my first year hunting. My friend "Tomturkey" got me into it and am totally hooked. I have not had my wild pup in a boat or a canoe. I will for the next season. I wish I knew more people closer to me to hunt with. I dont even own my own decoys yet and my calling.......certainly leaves room for improvement. Thank goodness I have a friend who is teaching me and can call for me. He rocks!!! Next year we will have his pup out there with us too.

9. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Congrats on the new baby!

My son had worn his hair a tad shaggy for the past few years... He asked me if I'd shave his head today so he could get used to it. I RAN for my clippers :dv. He's off to Parris Island in February. Man, it's going to be a hard time of it for both of us.

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

:tu

10. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I always post my sons address in hopes that someone will send him a card or care package.....it is the little things that make them happy. I have jerky drying right now to send out in his next package....he is the most popular guy on the base when a package comes from his mamma. LOL Jerky and no bake peanut butter cookies.