New to the site

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by saggaswild, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

I don't know how you ladies do it with having children in the military! I have 2 girls and a boy who has special needs, but to be without them for long periods of time in a dangerous area is a credit to their willingness to defend our rights and to the parents who have raised them. Congrats, and thank you for their dedication and yours. Happy Thanksgiving to all and a special prayer to all the persons in the services this Holiday season.

2. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

Mrs Ripline this is my second time with a son being in Iraq. MY oldest just got home in June and was there almost 15 months. I did cry alot but my son put it into perspective for me. He said Mamma--this is my job---this is what I chose to do and have been trained to do. I have the best training in the world and the best buddies to keep me safe. So I have to believe that...it still breaks my heart to think of the things he had to do while there but I dont ask....I dont read the paper and dont watch the news.

Once while he was there he called me and told me he was going to be on the news. I saw him only briefly as he turned his back to the camera all the while they were dragging his Bradley away since the track had been blown off by and IED. I cried and cried and vowed that to keep my sanity I would never watch again.

It does not get any easier with a second son there. At least for now he is in a pretty safe area. He is bored to death but as a mamma I am glad he is bored---that means he isnt getting shot at or worse....

I also say a big thank you to all the other Moms, Dads and family members with soldiers anywhere abroad.....I could not be more proud of them all and the things they have sacrificed to keep us all safe.

I always put my sons address in my signiture in hopes that someone will send them a card. It can be addressed to my son or to him in care of his unit. Sometimes they think that we have forgotten them here back at home. That is why it is so important.....ok enough babbling. Once again thank you for your kind words. I am one proud mamma!!!

3. tomturkey

tomturkey Elite Refuge Member

I met Saggaswild a few years back. Tried to get her a turkey the first spring we started hunting together to no avail.

the first time I saw sagga was a year ago last summer. He was retrieving bumpers in the yard. Catherine accidental threw the bumper over the top of the house which has a walkout basement. Sagga never gave up as he searched all over in the brush along the driveway until he went up the hill on the walkout and brought back the bumper. He never quits.

When I was at the house this summer I could not believe how he worked to commands. Catherine has been working him with some great trainers and their dogs. This dog has more drive than any lab I have ever seen.

Next fall we will have my latest pup in the field with us so will see how that goes. I had to put my 14 year old fox red down the first of October. My GF decided that I needed an early Christmas present and looked for weeks for a pup for me.

[​IMG]

I haven't talked to Catherine tonight. I don't know if she is in the dog house or not as she had an 8 week old Beagle pup with her this afternoon.

4. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

Well I was briefly in the dog house until I put that cute little puppy in bed with my hubby and he curled up in hubbys neck and fell back to sleep. He told me if I brought home anymmore dogs he was divorcing me....ya ok. I did not tell him that I am getting a pointing lab next year....I better start saving up my yes dear, I know dear, yes dear...I KNOW DEAR. I promise dear NO MORE PUPPIES....lol

I need to find me a dog food rep pretty soon so I can get free samples of dog food. LOL Hopefully in the next few days I can put up a pic of my (I mean) Rons little beagle puppy.

5. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Yeah, I've pretty much gotten that whole "divorce" bit thing slung at me over a puppy or a started dog :l.

8 dogs later... He's determined that it's cheaper to keep me.

;)

6. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

Oh my gosh Kimmie that is a good one.....I hope my hubby feels the same way next spring when MY pup comes home. Hey do you have any room left at your house? LOL

7. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Might have in about a month!

I'm looking at started dogs as we speak...

:flame

8. saggaswild

saggaswild Guest

Here is the little beagle puppy I gave my hubby for christmas. His name is Briar!!![​IMG]