New tripod!!

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by tom f, May 20, 2016.

1. tom f

tom f Senior Refuge Member

I got my new jobu design tripod the other day and boy am I impressed! After taking a photography trip with David Stimac I decided to go with his recommendation of a Jobu tripod. I went with the Killarney
    model. Ian at Jobu was very helpful with all my questions. I really like only having 2 leg sections. And my shoulder is much happier now after getting rid of my old induro aluminum 4 section tripod. Thanks Dave for the recommendation! Very simple, sturdy, light and well made!

http://jobu-design.3dcartstores.com/Killarney-Carbon-Tripod-_p_138.html

2. blood of the ram

blood of the ram Elite Refuge Member

3. tom f

tom f Senior Refuge Member

What I like about the Jobu is the simple build! There is no removable top plate like on others and the lock collars on the legs are machined aluminum and do not have a rubber sleeve around them. My Induro has rubber sleeves that are slipping and have become a pain. I also really like the fact it only has 2 leg sections. I have had 4 in the past and find it just too many to deal with. Not having a center column is a big plus for me. The quality is even more than I had hoped for as well.

4. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Hey Tom,
    Very nicely designed tripod for sure. I recently went with the Gitzo carbon 6X, and I do like mine...but if I were doing it over again, I'd go with the same setup you did.

5. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

Nice! I love my Induro's, all five of them....