New truck warranty, good for life, anything goes wrong they fix or replace it for life!

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Wow that is ton of miles, any issues at all with it?

I am thinking of a Ram diesel next. Hard to leave chevy, but I like to mix things up.

2. Lip Shooter

LOL at first I thought you were saying it was Okay for someone to touch your wife and have your kid. Invetro was my first thought.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I think it's an ideal comprise that gives much of the benefits of efi in an extremely simply system; it's basically just an electric carb. MPFI are more efficient and more powerful, but also has way more to go wrong.
    If you want to disagree just do it and say what's on your mind.

4. Lip Shooter

I want to know what year when you think vehicles become less reliable? A year from you, I want you to say year when vehicles become less reliable.

I'd like to see what year a older vehicle was more reliable from you so when I do some research on your claim I have a year so you do not move the goal post when I prove you wrong.

I'd rather not get into a wishy washy debate with you when you change the goal post. Like when you said the wiring in vehicles is the wrong size from the factor to run factory head lights.

I happen to think todays vehicles are more reliable then ever and have been getting better with time. I remember points, plugs, condensers, fuel filters, spark plugs, ignition wires, fuel pumps, the list goes on. Now my vehicle is so simple.

Even how often vehicles are brought back under warranty, I bet that number is way down today compared to in years past.

So just saying it "I want a year from you when vehicles were more reliable?"

5. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

When I purchased my Truck 2015 I bought a 8 year / 120,000 warranty thinking with all the electronic sensors this fully loaded rig has , I'd be safe !
    So far , I haven't used it but I've taken the truck back 7 times for recalls ??

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'd say it depends on the manufacturer. It was hard to beat a Chevy 2.5L engine, back in the day. Really reliable motors. Same for many other makes. Then, each have had their lemons (Ford/International PSDs and old Chevy 350s* come to my mind). Going off personal experience, I've had less reliability issues with Toyota, and the most with Ford. Doesn't mean Toyota hasn't made some lemon engine designs and doesn't mean Ford hasn't made some good ones.

* Before any of you get to knocking me about my experiences with Chevy 350s... While they may be easy to work on, and parts can be bought from your local Wal-Mart to rebuild them, they aren't reliable. Not many make the 200K mark.

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Holy hell you are one dense dude. First, before we move on maybe you should go back and reread the headlight post. You're either not smart enough to wrap your brain around the concepts put forth or you simply want to argue.

Second, I never said anything about a particular year being best--I said less electronics means more reliability. There are of course exceptions and nothing is absolute, but I assumed every grown man understood that. I even said from a mechanical standpoint the new stuff is great. Go buy a brand new work truck right now, one with manual 4wd engagement, manual ac controls, no fancy electronic gadgets--just a simple, basic truck with as little electronics as possible. Now get the same truck but loaded up with all the fancy stuff on it--auto climate control, power everything, electric seats, all the fancy stuff one can get now. Drive them both 250k miles and tell me which one you think will be more reliable?
    And while we're at it, tell me more about this simple truck you have now with no fuel pump, spark plugs, filters, etc.

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.
  8. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

There's no doubt the newer LS engines are a better design and run for a long time. It's not the engine itself that people normally have problems with, it's all the sensors and emissions controls type stuff that fails. Can often be easy to fix, but they fail nonetheless.

9. Lip Shooter

Yeah I really did not understand your first post:

I thought you were saying old tech is more reliable, silly me :)

Dense, I hate arguing with dumb people.

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I you couldn't understand the first one then there's no sense even trying to explain this one.