New truck warranty, good for life, anything goes wrong they fix or replace it for life!

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Feb 10, 2018.

1. duckdown1

duckdown1 Elite Refuge Member

I'm just curious whose greed you are talking about?

2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I you couldn't understand :grvn:z

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Call it on who you want manufacturers or dealers, the general public really doesn't know for sure. All I always hear is how nobody is making any money on new vehicles these days, if that's the case then how when dealerships are overloaded with 1000 vehicles on their lots they can't sell fast enough at model change time can they offer $10,000 of a new truck?
    I know it's through the goodness of their hearts and they are going to take a loss just to sell off some trucks...:no

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Your beef is 98% with the manufacturers. Those massive drops are because of manufacturers not dealers.

5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

^^^^^This^^^^^

Manufacturers slash the prices with rebates that come and go. Obviously, toward model year end the manufacturers are eager to get last year's iron off the lots.

6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

That's right 10gagenut , I was able to get 14,700 off the MSRP on a fully loaded 3/4 ton ans also the 3500 rebate inwhich I purchased the 8yr / 120,000
    mile warranty .........A good deal ? A fair one , I thought !

7. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Not really any issues with engine or xmission. Just routine maintenance like brakes/shocks/etc....had a wheel bearing go bad on one at about 230k a few years back. I should mention these were all the 1/2 ton V8 trucks with 4x4. They tried giving me a v6 longbed that did not have 4x4...was fine in spring summer, but it felt like a deathtrap on the snow/ice and I asked them to get me one with 4x4. The rearwheel drive v6 is still in our fleet and also has a ton of miles....we just use it sparingly in the winter.

8. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Not really a beef so much as calling it what it is. Think every business is entitled to make a decent profit on their goods and services, I was in business long enough to appreciate that. My thoughts are when does a good operating profit margin end and then turn into a ridiculously high profit margin. If they can knock 10 or 12K off the sticker price and not loose money then how much are they really making??

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I get it; I'm just clarifying "what it is"--- the dealer is simply a rep for the manufacturer. They have no ability to offer $10k off type deals on their own.

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

If you are getting $10-12K off of sticker price some of that is coming out of the dealer profit margin (dealer discount) and some is coming out of the manufacturer's profit margin (manufacturer rebates).