Newest duck rig mod build

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by ksgoosekillr, Jul 13, 2017.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Uh, maybe because that first really slick layer will become not so slick pdq? :doh

2. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

do you have any experience with GG?

3. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I think tcc may have a point. The GG base coat is not designed for abrasion-resistance, as I understand it. The G2 and G4 is.
    Nice job on the new boat, killr.

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Nope, but I bet GG does.
    I've used a few similar type products that simply didn't last long at all. I'm not real sure why you question them?

5. ksgoosekillr

im not real sure why you care so much what i question in MY build thread. This is my 4th rig using the product compared to you having never used it and trying to compare it to what you think is the same so thanks for voicing your opinion.

Tule you are right the G2/G4 have abrasion properties but the base doesnt dull out or become less slick if anything it becomes more slick. Either way after a few seasons of use they all wear down and must be redone. Having knowing that before coming into this boat i figure why not choose the slicker of the two, more than normal thin layers and recoat when neccesary down the road.

6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I'm not real sure why you post stuff on a public forum then get your panties in a wad when someone makes a comment that questions your "expert" opinion. :scratch You stated you didn't understand something, I simply explained it to you. It ain't rocket science, and it's not me you're questioning, it's the people who make the damn product. Something tells me your 4 boats worth of use doesn't quite match their expertise. Just the base may work just fine, but I just don't think them suggesting a top coat is for nothing. That said, from what I remember reading the difference isn't huge.

I don't particularly care if your plan works great or if it all sloughs off when it hits the water; I simply responded to your comment as generally when people post stuff on message boards they are expecting discussion and debate. Not sure what I was thinking. :doh

Now go get those panties unbunched so you an finish up the boat, it's looking good so far :tu

callinfowl likes this.
  7. DuckCutter9

DuckCutter9 New Member

When are you planning on starting the conduit frame?

8. ksgoosekillr

Actually going with a aluminum frame that i plan to skin. Right now still working on the trailer. The trailer i bought it with was too small for me 12" tires and just a normal jon boat trailer. I had a deep V trailer in my pasture with 14" tires and a wider base i planned to use instead but will need some modifying. Only trailer i have ever ran across without cross members. So it made it hard to install bunk brackets narrower that the main frame rails. So im adding cross members then taking the entire trailer to get sand blasted and repainting. In all my past build the trailer has been the most important part of the rig so i dont spare anything for them. Putting about $400 into a free trailer. Plan to sell the one it came with. Life is getting in the way from progress on it.

Oh and TCC dont think im forgetting about your contributions to this thread so here is my reply: :tu

9. ksgoosekillr

Did a little painting this past week or so. Not sure what i think of it, next up is hatches and floor. Trailer is taking a little longer than i wanted with some hang ups. Going to put down the old school hydro turf over the tan areas in the pics

20294168_10213290073623775_5406938549176024671_n.jpg 20264885_10213290074183789_1040158365372771688_n.jpg 20258419_10213290074503797_4446286645385222200_n.jpg

jthomp01, fighthedude and RTIC like this.
  10. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Refuge Member

Any updates with the build?