Newest duck rig mod build

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by ksgoosekillr, Jul 13, 2017.

1. feetdown71

feetdown71 Senior Refuge Member

I know its tough to try something different when you know the product you use, BUT look at TIKISHACKIMPORTERS.COM i promise you their grass is JUST like the original fastgrass. They sell it rolls up to 60ft long and in different widths. Makes it a whole lot better than patching all those panels together. I always "season it" if you will by laying it all out and hose it down SOAKING it and letting it dry in the sunlight a few times and it looks great in the marsh. You might give it a try!! And good looking rig by the way!!!

2. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

umm might wanna check that website out first???

3. ksgoosekillr

Its been slow progress between teach at K-State and life. Throw in a main water break and my free time is almost gone. Managed to knock out my new bench seat frame last night though. Incorporated my grab bar into my bench seat build. Ive always wanted a full bench seat in my rig, but knew running a longtail would suck if i didnt have room to stand. So i make the back half modular.

4. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Should have taken her to a sandblaster! Looks good though.

5. ksgoosekillr

the sanding part was easy compared to rolling on the gatorglide, you have to press down hard as hell to fill the rib corners and have to go side to side instead of front to back like you would on a true mud hull

6. ksgoosekillr

About time for another round of pictures. Finished up the bench and got it painted, upholstery done, motor painted and serviced. Already plan to change the bench up by moving the backrest portion up about 3-4 inches and leaving a gap at the bottom. Overall comfortable as hell just want it perfect. Have 20 sheets of the original fast grass on the way from Knutsons... time to weld up a blind. Then my favorite part of every build... the elextrical! Already have one kickass light bar and side lights for the bow and for the first time ever i decided to add reverse lights to the blind frame that i can kick on when hunting solo to light the ramp up. Heres some progress pics.
    20171009_190723.jpg 20171009_190726.jpg 20171009_190740.jpg 20171009_190754.jpg 20171009_190812.jpg

Jbryan and jthomp01 like this.
  7. ksgoosekillr

Another of my custom decals from ***
    20171009_190817.jpg

Jbryan likes this.
  8. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

i can honestly say ive never seen a seat like that in a boat blind. I'd be falling asleep in that comfy looking thing ! Love the camo too

9. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Those number decals look good. Can you share where you got em?

10. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Nice job, the boat looks awesome so far, love the WW2 camo job.
    Just curious why you went with two big batteries instead of one?
    We run a 32hp Prodrive on a 1754 prodrive/ go-devil hull with a led's spot and flood combo on the bow, standard running lights and hard hat light and never needed more than one battery.
    Are running a trolling motor?