Next up, Senator Al Franken

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by spaightlabs, Nov 16, 2017.

1. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

It is of interest that Newt and several other GOP folk have come to Franken's defense and decried the lynch mod mentality and that the Dems have folded like a cheap tent.

I think Pin said 'the Dems will eat their own' and that appears to be the case here. I think that the Dems ( I am finding myself less unapologetic for being one) wrongly think/hope that if they pillory Franken and Conyers then something magical will happen and Moore or even Trump will face some consequences, but those guys ain't gonna go softly into the good night.

Republicans play to win, Dems would be happy with a tie or to at least have fought the good fight.

The Dems are no doubt their own worst enemies.

widgeon likes this.
  2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

"I remember incidents differently" .....
    "I remember incidents differently" .....

3. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Political theater. He would never have resigned if the Minnesota governor was a republican.

4. pintail2222

Keep in mind though their was flip-flopping on Franken & Conyers. Those who have recently called for them both to step down - at first backed them after the first accusations came out. Both sides are heinous.

Franken's problem is that his accusers are at 8 now w/ allegations of sexual assault while a US Senator...

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

That's all ya got, Ron? If you'd like to match wits, we can do that sometime. I will bet dimes to dollars my IQ is higher than yours. That was pathetic. In your drunken mind does someones geographical location equate to their intelligence? Wait don't answer that, or you'll be saying a lot about the folks from po-dunk towns in NoDak...

On to the meat of your post, you didn't answer my question. Trumps company settled, therefore, he is guilty, right (according to you)?

Now... Which is it?
    A) You settle, you admit?
    B) Even if you didn't do anything, settling is admitting?
    C) If your company settles for you, then you didn't do anything wrong?
    D) Or it was dealt with by the company, so all is OK?

I think in your case Ron, the answer depends on who we're talking about. Am I right, or am I right? ;)

6. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Thing is: I’m for due process, ethics, accountability, innocent until proven, etc.....current problems? There’s little of that involved, whether the process itself is corrupt OR its media and political machinations in control....this could possibly have more to do with Moore potentially winning, and hoping for a progressive appointment if they can force the same treatment/resignation on him.

7. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Yup. Win win for the Democrats.

8. pintail2222

LOL . And the last MN Governor who was a Repub - wasn't much of a Repub. Little Timmy Pawlenty...

9. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

IQ maybe but common sense does not equate to IQ level in any manner. Most times the higher the IQ the less common sense people have! Few very high IQ people with common sense and those people are extremely successful because they don't over analyze things or read into things that are not there!

So as I said, you settle in my view you have admitted to some portion of the claim and while fiscally prudent for companies, when it comes to claims of SH settling adds to the legitimacy of a claim. Franken and Moore are two people that are not going to get due process but are tried in the press. While I am not a fan of Franken and can see him guilty of the charges leveled, he deserved a chance to defend against it. Moore as well and my purpose on going after Franken was to smoke out the hypocrites that where flaming Moore. It has worked, but the high IQ level you have missed that because of lack of common sense!

Things are getting stupid, lady slipped on some ice Monday during our storm locally. Good Samaritan caught her and stopped the fall. Yet she filed a complaint with the police for him groping her. Yes one arm came around across her breast area but as soon as she regained her footing the man let go. The entire thing was caught on CCTV and it is clear as to what happened. People around her showed shock when she acted like she did. I don't know either person however yesterday the police said no actions where going to be taken. This should never have involved the police. Things like this are going to stop people from helping others.

Daughter said that her work has issued a policy now of group pictures, space clearly has to be seen between all participants. I can go on if need be.

Will try and post up the incident when I get to the computer vs the phone.

Digest that with the high IQ and report how to fix it with the out of control PC craze!

I don't think I would even think of hiring a woman to work in proximity of me if I where a CEO or politician. Risk is to great

10. pintail2222

Dems flip flopped on Franken with statement after statement after statement backing him when their were only 2 accusers and he called for a Senate Ethics probe on himself..