NFL holds meetings to decide how to back crawl!

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Ron Gilmore, Sep 29, 2017.

1. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Just keeping consistent... I watched zero NFL yesterday and have no intent of watching tonight (don't even know who's playing).

2. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Watched the Pack on Thursday, Badgers on Saturday, Golf tourney on Sunday.
    But... I may have my first win in Fantasy over the last 1 1/2 years.... so bad the others just call me "bye-week" now.

3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I played golf on Sunday too. I suck at it - Bigly. Inconsistent as hell. I'm ok w/ drives & putting but my irons & short game reek.... But it was a beautiful day. Hope you played well.

4. stump

Weather turned out better than predicted.
    Rain and storms predicted for the weekend and missed us until the afternoon. As for playing.... well we didn't hurt ourselves or others and found most of our shots.... so I'm calling that a win...lol
    Beer flowed, bottle was uncorked, music was going, good day all around.

5. wispete

wispete Senior Refuge Member

You should be duck hunting on Sunday instead of hitting that little ball on the lawn.
    I am for getting rid of our present National anthem. I think American the beautiful should be the Anthem. That is a song most people can sing.

6. stump

Not open here yet...... I could go and stare at the marsh and pout.... but it wont move the clock.
    Last couple rounds before season(s)

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I suppose it is a matter of opinion...

But the National Anthem has some backbone to it, and never ceases to raise the hair on the back of my neck... It creates a far more emotional response than the "campy" America The Beautiful.... I also feel the Anthem is a better choice to depict the heroism of soldiers....

newduk, wingmatt and Ducker 4 Ever like this.
  8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Not surprised with this attitude. PC is what it is all about! Saturday night went to an AHL preseason game. Since the Manitoba Moose where in town, the Canada National Anthem was sung followed by the Star Spangled Banner. Done with no music. The singer was outstanding and did a great job on both. Couple next to us where from Winnipeg and when the singer was done, she had tears in her eyes! Said that every time she hears the anthem it makes her think of a brother lost in Afghanistan and the fond memories she had of him.

She then went on to say that she believes anyone not standing for a free countries anthem should be soundly thrashed!!!

API likes this.
  9. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

What percentage of viewers likely are offended by the behavior of players and other staffing kneeling during the anthem?

How long would it take if most of the offended viewers stopped going to games, and stopped watching on TV for a major attitude change to occur?

Not only do I dislike what is being done, I dislike the reason being represented... Show me an example of institutional racism (a word being thrown around far too frequently)???

At some point we all have to decide what is more important to us... We all make decisions we do not necessarily like for our own best interests (i.e. taking a job we do not like for more money, nodding our heads to a boss who is full of B.S., etc.)

Now, some of you have to decide whether your political ideals are more important, or watching football is more important. Know how much many Americans enjoy watching sports, and knowing I'd have a tough time giving up duck hunting to make a political statement, I do not make this statement lightly...

10. stump

Chiefs / Redskins very diverse game of mascot names....lol