NGPC MEETING THIS MORNING

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by habitatman, Jan 20, 2017.

1. habitatman

habitatman Senior Refuge Member

We have 2 zone for teal season here in Nebr. and the western zone is on trail for shooting other ducks. Most other ducks are being shot in that first 1/2 hour. Wood ducks being most ones shot. It might take you longer than 1/2 hour to shoot your limits. NGPC would like to change most hunting season to sunrise to sunset. You best let them know how you feel.

2. NJC

NJC Refuge Member

It's worth it for teal. So many woodies and spoons get shot that first 30. Big deal that thers so many birds flying around the first 30, just enjoy the spectacle and use some restraint. You'll still shoot some birds, probably plenty.

3. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

Just sent an email to my commissioner. Don't know how many times during regular duck season you'll get some action in that first 30 minutes and then you may not pull the trigger again the rest of the hunt.

benadams and Iowa like this.
  4. habitatman

habitatman Senior Refuge Member

nebgoosehllunter I just got a e-mail from NGPC saying it is not for waterfowl seasons. That's good.

5. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

:amen

Although I wish they would reconsider teal season in the north with a sunrise start....would be better than nothing.

habitatman likes this.