Nice push the last few days

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by duck central, Oct 27, 2017.

1. BB-Shot

BB-Shot Elite Refuge Member

I wouldn't say covered with snow geese there is hunt able numbers at best everything still here lots of open water for waterfowl no snow there
    going stay tell all water is frozen.

022.JPG

024.JPG

2. Jlvgopher

Jlvgopher New Member

My buddy was somewhere In SD they shot 1150 snows last Thur(with pictures) 23 guys in pit blinds. Said there number for the week was crazy

3. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Do you have the picture? I've never heard of that many snows in one hunt. Be fun to see it.

4. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

been guys killing stupid numbers of snows over the last 5-10 days considering it's fall and plugged guns... From ND border to Vermillion.

5. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Nice too hear you guys over there are still putting the smack down on them this time of year! Pretty stale over here but that's ok. We have a ways too go yet! Still would be nice to be able to hunt some good hunt able numbers though with this nice weather for once without freezing are arse's off!!!!!!

6. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

SSSSHHHHHHH. Don't let the secret out lol

But yes this is true. There will be pictures, once birds leave the area i assume.

7. recker999

That is a massive group of hunters. I have never heard of a group of 23 hunters in a field but I guess its true.

That being said they must have been a flat out amazing hatch of juvies this year because the hunting I am reading about now I have not read about in a long time for the fall season. It seems like if you can find a roost of snows you are going to knock the snot out of them no matter what.

8. BB-Shot

Well IMO it truly has been a good year here for ducks and geese coming though the area today I have record numbers of ducks and geese on the west end unreal on the number of them but cool to watch a hundreds drop in at 2000' AGL. and above.

038.JPG

045.JPG
    Good night to all you duck contest calling little suckers.
    052.JPG

Bill Artwich and BirdJ like this.
  9. recker999

Are you hunting those at all or just viewing? That is quite a mess of ducks.

10. BB-Shot

Yeah I hunt but I don't hunt in my back yard I like to get in the car and drive a little awhile then hunt them It doesn't take long to shoot five. I can't hunt any more I have to eat five tonight to hunt tomorrow so I take photos today from back porch. 016.JPG

017.JPG

019.JPG

BirdJ, Bill Artwich and GK1 like this.