Night launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavor

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Wack, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Judge

Judge Refuge Member

I have been lurking on this forum for several years and have seen some really beautiful photos. I have been really jealous of the ability of all of you that post photos here.

But these have brought me to a new level of jealousy, they are absolutely amazing.

Thanks for sharing,

Judge

2. hooked

hooked Senior Refuge Member

scary..... NICE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

Wack,

You didn't happen to have your case for one of your big lenses blow out of the boat you were riding in at the classic did you? :confused:

4. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Great pics!

5. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Senior Refuge Member

Wack I love your shots. I suggest that you enter this one in this months “Motion” contest. It gets my vote hands down. I can feel the thunder of the shockwaves as the vehicle accelerates into the night sky. Great shots.

Through my aviation interests, I’ve been fortune to cross paths with several shuttle astronauts. The launches and landings that I’ve witnessed first hand are some of my fondest memories as well as a few of my saddest…

It still brings tears to my eyes thinking about watching Columbia come apart over Texas and having to explain to my young daughters what we were witnessing, knowing that as we prayed a friend that was onboard had just crossed this realm into the next along with the entire crew. With tears in my eyes and Columbia coming apart overhead I dial a family member that had previously written a Pulitzer nominated work on the Challenger disaster to warn her to get ready for calls from CNN, etc.

I’ve always been inspired by the space program. Despite the risk, I hope that our country continues to pursue the dream.

Blue Moon

6. Wack

Wack Elite Refuge Member

How far could you hear me cussing? That marine insurance sure comes in handy. :yes

Thanks again everybody!

Wack

7. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

No, it wasn't me! But I do know and work with the guy driving that Pontoon Boat that fished it out of the water and gave it back to you. ;)

He told me the story and I told him that I'd bet him $100 bucks that I knew who that was. Looks like I get to cash in :grvn

8. Fooshman

Fooshman Elite Refuge Member

Great shots!!!

Man, I miss fishing those rivers.:(

9. bearrock

bearrock Senior Refuge Member

10. terryger

terryger Elite Refuge Member

DUUUUDE!!!:eek:

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu