No more guiding on public lands in Kansas!

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Mallets, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

Thank you to the commissioners, KDWPT officials and the sportsmen who supported outlawing of guiding on public lands...It passed unanimously tonight at the commission meeting.

There was some discussion on how it was going to be enforced and I was glad to hear the state has been meeting with surrounding states to implement a plan on the front end for enforcement!

It sounds as though both parties will be fined if found guilty of being a guide or guided on public lands.

Here is some of the statute that has been passed.

For the purposes of this regulation, “commercial guide services” shall mean providing, offering to provide, arranging for, or assisting with hunting activities for other individuals on a commercial basis, including providing any one or more of the following when used in conjunction with or for hunting activities: pack or riding livestock, transportation other than by commercial carrier, equipment, or facilities.

NO MORE SOLICITATION OF SERVICES ON PUBLIC LANDS! This will include the drop off and pick up services that have been practiced on public land!

Thanks again to all who emailed and or contacted the commisoiners and KDWPT officials to make this happen! Please send letters of thanks!

Mallets

2. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Can't rent a guy a mule to use to haul his gear? Also reads like a guy can't operate a lodge on private ground if it is for hunters using public land.

That how you read it?

3. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Must be a big deal for you to have posted this on 10 forums.

Congrats to you,……I guess:rolleyes:

Mallets and hpd503 like this.
  4. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

Man, Texas needs to get on this asap

Mallets likes this.
  5. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

Is this supposed to be something that a lot of folks from Arkansas wanted to know? :scratch

6. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

a little something befitting a dude from Kansas tirelessly working for the man……..

Mallets likes this.
  7. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

They did that here.......did not change much......just made it a different ballgame.....how about this scenario ? .....ok..you give me $2000 and I make you a member of my duck club......?? Now I'm just a hunting partner....:reader:h:l

8. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

Didn't change much at all. :)
    Folks still griping about overcrowding, skybusting, hunting too close, groups calling till their lungs bleed, setting up in Brushy, sneaking in early.

9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I anticipate it being just as effective at reducing pressure as the ban in Arkansas.