Non-Christians

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Rjm6254

Rjm6254 Elite Refuge Member

Tom as you may or may not know I am a Deist this week and I believe in a creator a first cause and natural laws that govern the universe .I see the evidence or what I perceive as such in the creation if we can all agree to call it that .
    So I will let one of the resident atheists tackle your question from a no deity first cause position.

2. Rjm6254

Tom you know I can see the logic for a creator as you do .My problem is with revealed religion as a substitute for God given Natural laws that govern the universe .You cant suspend reality in order to accept a position from wishful thinking or mythology.Ancient man knew no better they were victims of there times but now more truth is revealed to us and we have to grow up put away the lies of religion and learn from science .
    Deism is not in conflict with God and science the way revealed religion is .Deism allows for a creator and physics it offers a philosophy for life in this world and teaches us from a solid reality not some God in the sky with the Boogieman devil to scare you into belief in rubbish no thanks been there done that got the tee shirt no I only seek truth based in science, logic,
    and reason solid reality not mythology based.

3. MissedAgain

MissedAgain Elite Refuge Member

There are a lot of questions that don't have "real" answers. People think they know what the sun is and how it works, but there is no way to know for sure or to control it.

Gravity has been brought up and is a good example - it is there and always will be. To quote Obama - you didn't make that. LOL! They just throw it around as information. So what - things fall down and not up or sideways. You see it every day and still need science to prove it exists? The Bible says God is displayed in His creation. Perhaps only the blind do not see?

Believers - not Christians per say - I have plenty of issues with churches and organized religions - the pastors do what they want and each church goes in a different direction, led by some supposed God-connected individual. BTDT.

Believers don't run around and try to convince people of anything, they don't judge - they help - they don't condemn - they accept - they don't sell - they explain - they support - they encourage - etc. To go and push God at someone is like smacking them with sticks - they don't want it.

I forget where, but in the good-book, it says that God calls those He wants. Christ said that His flock knows His voice. Other flocks would not.

I say if someone doesn't know His voice and has not been called, then it is not my place (or anyone else's) to try and prove a point - it will not be done.

You can not provide anyone with faith, they must bring that to the table themselves.

4. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

You can not learn your way into heaven. I have been saved by Jesus!

5. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

I do have to hand it to you this is pretty darn funny.

6. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

Scenario
    Scenario
    Scenario
    Scenario
    For Pete's sake, scenario!

7. Rjm6254

Dang spell checker didnt give me the option sorry. I was wondering who would pick up on that senerio.

8. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

Sorry, just a pet peeve. :l

9. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

How does a Deist get to heaven?

10. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I can try and I hope to not offend you.

IF you worship so you might be right and avoid hell it would be better to be muslim because the muslim hell is worse than the Christian hell with the gnashing of teeth and burning.

So if your worshipping incase your right may as well avoid the worse hell.