Non-Christians

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Rjm6254

Rjm6254 Elite Refuge Member

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Not why at all.

But from a purely logical standpoint as you guys claim to use it's a very applicable question.

3. Rjm6254

Deists do not believe in the heaven or hell of the revealed religions .

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Is that the best you've got? It sounds exactly like what one would think an article like that would when written by a die-hard atheist with no intention of ever even giving God a chance.

5. Rjm6254

Perhaps you will suspend the self righteous indignation for a moment
    and offer the proof of god that would render Pascals wager unnecessary.

(insert the theme song to Jeopardy here) ...................................

6. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

If I had hours and hours of free time to write up certain experiences throughout my life, especially in the last few years, and ESPECIALLY the pain, heartbreak, and HEALING story of my marriage and how it all came about, you'd see that I have enough proof of God that I must believe.

There has been a ton of stuff that has happened and I just can't attribute everything to mere coincidence...over and over and over and over and over again.

Not that that helps you, but it's all I need. :)

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Self righteous? :l Did you read the article? The attitude many atheists have towards believers is far more arrogant and condescending than anything I've ever seen going the other direction.

We've already discussed the "proof" deal; if you haven't found it it's only because you don't want to.
    Besides, you're a deist remember--you already believe god exists. Unless it suits your argument at the moment, then you're not sure. :rolleyes:

8. Rjm6254

Deists believe in a Creator not gods .There is a distinction and words are important . Not all gods are creators . Since most people refer to Jesus as god in this forum its important to make the distinction that deists reject all of the revealed religions gods . Christian,Judaism.Muslim,Zoroastrianism,
    Hinduism,and any other god or gods of ancient times to the present .

Deists dont believe the creator has anything to do with the affairs of any people like the gods of any of the holy books of all the worlds revealed religions.

9. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

I assume then that you believe in a personel god, one that will choose to intervene on your behalf if you somehow qualify for intervention.

Would that be accurate?

10. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

If I say yes, are you going to ask why He doesn't intervene for the starving children of Africa?