North Zone

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Flyway Forum' started by PAwaterfowler13, Jul 28, 2017.

1. PAwaterfowler13

PAwaterfowler13 Refuge Member

Hey guys. I live in the south zone and typically do most of my hunting there. I now have a camp about 10 minutes south of Wellsboro in Tioga County, so I am trying to branch out into the North Zone. I'm not looking for anyone to give me their spot or even tell me places to go (unless you can point me in the right direction). I scout when I'm at camp but it's hard because that's over 2 hours away from home. Any info would be greatly appreciated on the area. I would range no more than an hour away from camp to hunt and I'm hoping to have a spot for the early season. Thanks alot!

2. spg

spg Senior Refuge Member

Find water and go from there. The young of the year are just learning how to fly in flocks. No matter where they go to eat they always return to some type of water. Ponds, rivers, streams or a lake. Find them and watch where they go.

Right now food is plentiful and the birds don't have to go anywhere to eat.
    I have some friends that hunt in the upper parts of the north zone and had a hard time finding birds until they searched enough water spots that they finally found enough birds to provide a few hunts. They shot a lot of park geese last year during the early season. Just about every small lake will hold some birds.

Get on google map and search for water.

3. PAwaterfowler13

PAwaterfowler13 Refuge Member

Thank you! That's about the answer I was looking for.