Northern flight Hi-vis layout blind opinions

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Refuge Member

I am 6-5" and have only ever used a FA SUB blind for years but now at 55 am finding it hard on my hips and back.I was looking at the Cabela's site and am wondering about this one and realize i have the incorrect info in my title.
    http://www.cabelas.ca/product/77074/cabelas-instinct-hi-vis-layout-blind

Does anyone here have one and like it and how are they to get in and out of compared to other blinds they have had and how are they to hide since they seem a little taller ,thus the name high vis.

I need something that will be better for my aging body.The FA SUB has been a great blind but getting harder for me to use.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. QuaaackerJack

QuaaackerJack Senior Refuge Member

Bought one for my father 72 years old last year for Christmas. He loves it! The only difference is he is 5 foot 6 instead of 6 foot 5 and we got the youth model on clearance

3. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

We've went to A frame blinds whenever possible just because of comfort and ease. Might try considering that as well.

4. Easterncanadafowler

Did you buy them or make them.Part of our issue is the geese are high pressure local geese and several of our hunts are in cut hay fields or pasture with no cover and no hedge row or trees at all.Next year i may put up a blind in one field and leave it there so the geese get used to it.

5. marshmob

Using avian x A frames. We've had real good luck using them out in the middle of fields like winter wheat and hay along with turned corn

6. Easterncanadafowler

would you have any pictures of it setup in a low cover field.Around here everyone is shooting at the same few local geese and they are VERY wary.Thanks.Terry

7. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

How about one of the spring assist back rests ?

8. Easterncanadafowler

My blind is a bit short and tight also so that would not work.

9. Easterncanadafowler

Are you able to hunt 4 guys out of them ?

10. marshmob

I don't have any pics but we use switchgrass. Basically looks like a high clump of grass which we have a decent amount I've around Kansas between fields or on the edges. Even though we move it all over fields it doesn't seem to matter when we're in the middle. I wouldn't suggest 4 but 3 works well. If you need to fit 4 I'd go with 2 or try the panel blind tanglefree is making.