Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Northern Ontario reports

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by pluckaduck, Sep 30, 2015.

1. grnhd

grnhd Elite Refuge Member

I enjoy your post, thanks for taking the time for the reports!

2. pluckaduck

pluckaduck New Member

Coldest weather of the year has brought a few ducks to the area. Today we saw Bufflehead, Merganser, Teal, Goldeneye, Mallard and Black. Small ponds froze but will thaw with warmer tomorrow. Shot Black and Mallard along with a bunch of Grouse

3. pluckaduck

pluckaduck New Member

Coldest weather of the year has brought big changes. Small ponds have froze and many ducks have gathered on bays of lakes. Some Puddles, but mostly divers of Buffles, Ringbills, Goldeneyes, and scattered Ringbills. Since my 4 years up here, largest raft out in first bay. Magoo says time to hunt, so for rest of week duck hunt till camp closes.

4. pluckaduck

pluckaduck New Member

Terrible weather has made its way to the Happy Camp Ontario region. Heavy rain has led to snow and now strong winds out of the NE.
    Magoo and I found a pod of birds tucked on Ichi Lake and shot one! We got a sea duck, either a Surf or Velvet Scoter female. After looking at the pictures, I think there are a few males here as well. Moose hunters went after ducks this afternoon and they got some buffles and mergansers. Hopefull wind will slow down tonight so we can put decoys in the bay for the sea ducks tomorrow for our last hunt in Ontario?