Nostalgic... what you got?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by BangingBirds, Mar 7, 2018.

1. BangingBirds

BangingBirds Senior Refuge Member

Looking back over time, most of us have something or want something to remember from when we were young. Outside of of hunting, we filled the void with other things. For me, that was racing years ago. This has been sitting in my garage for almost 20yrs. 69 1/2 GTX 440 drag pak car. Hemi 4 speed with a Dana and 456 gears from the factory . What do you have? what would you give up in hunting to complete that car of younger years?
    69 GTX drag pak dana hemi 4 speed.JPG

2. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Another GTX owner here. This was my favorite muscle car. My father was an engineer for General motors. We built this 68 GTX into a street racing car. It had 1967 heads, aftermarket cam, aluminum manifold with a Holley 850, headers, torgueflight 747 trans, and various sets of rear gears we would swap. I ran Mickey
    Thompson street slicks and made money racing on the weekends. Mopars ruled the streets in northeast Ohio. My GTX was like driving a NASCAR stock car around One hundred octane gas was 23 cents a gallon.
    Those were the days.

Plymouth GTX.jpg

Olfducker and CADUCKWHACKER like this.
  3. BangingBirds

BangingBirds Senior Refuge Member

sweet!

4. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

I miss my 03 Honda CBR 1000RR & 05 Suzuki GSXR 750.... my insurance premiums thank me but I still long for the howl of the intake , the rush of the wind sucking my helmet tight against my face and the freedom of being in tune with the feedback through the forks as I deck a knee ....

My speed addiction was detrimental in my youth. Yet the demon still lives deep in my soul....

BangingBirds likes this.
  5. free_gaff

free_gaff Elite Refuge Member

I drove an ambulance at Lions Drags, and Ascot in Gardena. All of you are fools. Saw some things I still can't forget.