Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Not one word on the recent tax hike?

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by fowl language, Jul 15, 2017.

1. fowl language

fowl language Senior Refuge Member

So sit here in TX thinking about all those years I lived in IL and all the taxes I paid. Then I move to TX and get an immediate raise, as there is no TX State income tax.

Would you like to know what you now be paying? Follow the link.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-illinois-income-tax-hike-2017-htmlstory.html

So where is all the money going?

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinois-budget-where-does-all-the-money-go/

2. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

No....a man can only be kicked in the balls so many times before he stops going back for more.

Jerry likes this.
  3. yankeegray

yankeegray Senior Refuge Member

For one of the few times in my life I am speechless. I giv up two more years I am retired and will migrate to a better place. My home in Southern Illinois is a wonderful place. But real astate sales and incom tax is to much to send to Chicago.

4. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member

Based on the paycheck I got yesterday it appears I just got a $130 a month cut in pay. :z

Chris

5. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I haven't seen it mentioned on the news but someone told me that the gas tax went up a nickel a gallon, too. Iowa raised their gas tax a year or two ago, so their prices were similar to IL. They were shocked when gas sales dropped, as Illinoisans would no longer fill up when on the Iowa side of the river. Now, with the nickel raise, it will again have our residents buying gas in Iowa.

6. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

I just looked it up. It wasn't actually a gas "tax" increase. They just did away with an exemption for the ethanol. Amounts to the same thing .04 to .05 per gallon. It goes into the general fund not the road fund. Someone else needed money under the table. It is how all of Illinois works. Nothing will change until the Supreme Court hopefully changes how the voting districts are designed. Chitago idiots that keep voting democrats in so they keep the money flowing cannot be outvoted !!

Also saw where they will probably propose an actual gasoline tax increase next year for roadwork. Whatever they say that will bring in I would reduce by 50%. That's how much goes under the table to contractors and others as "Cost Overuns"

7. Jerry

Jerry Elite Refuge Member

Biding time. Paying off a few bills, finding = or better employment will be a challenge but workable I think. At present time, cheaper to pay the criminals for just a bit longer then split. Most folks who "advise" me to leave that had successfully done so have got to keep their job(s) and are typically DINKS, Double Income No Kids. I need to get one more done with school yet.

8. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

Been here 17 years. Wife retired in May. I'm done September 30. Had a contractor doing upgrades and painting. Will spend the fall and winter decluttering. Realtor advised us to list Feb.1. As soon as it's gone we're off to coastal SC. Still have 1/2 a garage full of duck hunting stuff to get rid of. Likely will sell the boat if my son ─Ćecides he doesn't want it.

Jerry likes this.
  9. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

I was one of those lucky ones. Worked in IN already then when the Big D hit, I skated across the river and have never really looked back. 15 min longer to get to the woods and 30 to the duck hole is well worth the dollars I save....... and of course we don't have Chitcago....lol

Jerry likes this.
  10. bxcall1

bxcall1 Senior Refuge Member

This sounds like California. Just the names are changed. Our voting is dominated by sf & la. Same story though.