Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Not one word on the recent tax hike?

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by fowl language, Jul 15, 2017.

1. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

I like it when you guys retire & move to a state which taxes retirement income. Just a footnote for those that do, At present, Illinois does not tax pensions, Social Security, IRAs, 401Ks, etc.

2. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

YET!!! That day is not far in the future. The Madiganites have too great a need for other people's money to leave it alone forever. Maybe SC will tax my retirement but paying 1/4 as much in property tax, less sales tax and living in a state that's fiscally responsible and not controlled by Chitcago Democrats is worth a lot to me.

3. DarrenDuck

DarrenDuck Senior Refuge Member

I recently heard about this. I am trying to do the math on what is worst - taxing before retirement then leaving or taxing then staying???

Doesn't matter much - I am not retiring soon and am not leaving the state because I have a house, job and family here. Just don't have the mobile flexibility that others have.

4. thebiggrfigr

thebiggrfigr Senior Refuge Member

All these people moving has got me thinking, the public spots will be less crowded!

DarrenDuck likes this.
  5. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Yep, I hear they are raising the price of a Non Resident License (for past residents) to $1,000.00 per year. Or at least that is a proposal which I am floating.

DarrenDuck likes this.