Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

now what

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by evanupnorth, Oct 4, 2016.

1. evanupnorth

evanupnorth Refuge Member

im assuming this may blow out any geese in the area, central Sask.

upload_2016-10-4_15-56-18.png

2. Littleboots

Littleboots Senior Refuge Member

3. evanupnorth

evanupnorth Refuge Member

yes in Celsius, 30-40km NORTH winds, and 10-20 CM's of snow.. gets me thinking allot of birds will hop on the Jet stream and get outa dodge around here, don't you think?

4. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Senior Refuge Member

Lots more north even if some leave. Big water won't freeze for quite some time yet. I wouldn't be concerned

5. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

Weather change is always good it just depends which end of the migration you are in? The weather would need to be sustained with hard water for them to leave.

6. Littleboots

Littleboots Senior Refuge Member

I was up week ago and from more reports big migration hasn't taken place yet this might just help

7. Honker Ace

Honker Ace Refuge Member

Guess that depends what you are after...Since our group is headed to Sask for snows, I'm not sure what to expect where we are headed. I'm guessing it will push some out but it could also work out perfectly and force a big push from the north and give us fresh birds to shoot on Monday...I can shoot all the dark geese I want around here so if only them and mallards around it would be a bust, main purpose of our trip was to get after birds not typically found here.

8. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Just got off my phone with a friend around Saskatoon. He said birds were everywhere yesterday. So far he has received 4" with more coming. With the wind, he is expecting good sized drifts. He lives off the beaten path & said it might be a week before he digs out. To quote him, "I think Winter is here"

9. 10garem

10garem Senior Refuge Member

Rex aka mrmallerd I have group friends hunting W N of Saskatoon 9 of them hunted in same field together last two days they have got limit (or very close to it) 72 dark geese & 72 ducks yesterday afternoon they also got into few snow geese. This morning after getting setup they had pack it up & give it up, 4 -5 inches snow and STRONG wind blowing decoys away. They have one more day tomorrow then start home. Geese moved into this area starting last Sunday. As your friend said To quote him, "I think Winter is here" From D U report: http://www.ducks.org/Hunting/Waterf...k-Starts-Hunting-in-Saskatchewan?poe=migalert

10. TaketheDrake

TaketheDrake Senior Refuge Member

Been N of Saskatoon past several days, pulled out yesterday just in front of the storm Most of the snows were west and south of us but we hammered Ducks and Honks . New birds came in Sunday Pm and saw more snows and dark geese #s building up throughout Monday and Tuesday