Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

now what

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by evanupnorth, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Cinch

Cinch Senior Refuge Member

I had some moose hunters ask if they could hunt on our land this weekend - I told them no problem, foot access only. They passed once I explained to them the same rule applies even if they down a moose. It's going to be weeks or a deep freeze before trucks will be on the fields around here.

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Most of our fields are walk-in, a few on high ground you can quad in, but definitely no trucks on any fields. My last three hunts, I paddled into the field in my kayak. Have to adapt for the conditions. Most hunters have given up. I look at it as an opportunity for the guys who think out of the box a bit. Anyone I told that I was hunting out of a kayak looked at me like I was stunned. So far it has worked perfectly. Best part is, when I find a field and call the farmer, no one else has called. I found one field with probably 10K mallards and geese on it for 3 days, and no one has hunted it. I glassed a ditch and a low spot and you could paddle right in. Sometime this week, I am hitting it as well. I probably have 6 or 8 could hunting spots scouted out, and I probably have my choice of where I want to go. Hope the weather holds. Temps are forcast to be just above freezing during the day, and right at freezing at night, which means the sheetwater shouldn't freeze up.

3. Cinch

4. DaPutts

DaPutts Senior Refuge Member

That's absolutely ridiculous you guys. Pull your heads out of the sand and start using it other than a hat rack! Jesus mother of god.. you guys are ruining for it everyone doing stupid crap like that! Are you that lazy you can't either walk or ask to take a atv out of certain spots? Act like the land is your own and if it's something you would do to your own crop! I'm done ranting. Sorry cinch for what happened.

5. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

I apologize for my fellow American knuckleheads Cinch. It is amazing that guys think it is that important to get a few birds that they are willing to trash someone else's property to do so without any thought as to what you have to do to repair their damage or how it affects your crop and equipment.

6. luvtwohunt

luvtwohunt Senior Refuge Member

Exactly! I'm headed your way Saturday and I hope some ignorant asses have not ruined it for others! Cinch if this is your land I apologize for their stupidity. I've been that way several times and have never had a issue in the fields but we are carrying a atv this time because of what we have heard and read.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  7. Cinch

This did not happen on our land. I've been seeing/hearing about a number of 4X4 jack asses the last couple weeks and just want guys to know what to expect this year and to realize their actions can have lasting impact.

Certainly not meant as anti-American, in our immediate area we generally have more issues with big game hunters (residents) then NR hunters.

8. skywatcher1

skywatcher1 Elite Refuge Member

Atleast you didnt have to pull them out

9. Cavy

Cavy Senior Refuge Member

Last year when we were up there it rained for a couple days and everything was mush. Got permission for a field and spoke with the farmer. I thought for sure he would say no driving in the field (which we would have been fine with). But, to my surprise he said yeah go a head and drive in there if you want. It's just greasy on top.

10. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

Unfortunately too many guys are morons, whether they're hunters or not!