NRA virus Wal-mart

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Tank, Jul 6, 2002.

1. MSDuckmen

MSDuckmen Moderator

Don’t know where that come from David short of me not agreeing with you, I never attacked you in anyway short of disagreeing with you. Your Character is safe so I will move on to another forum so as not to confuse the issue farther. And your right you may well be able to mooch a place in my blind some day as I don’t hold grudges nor was this an attempt to attack you are anyone else. Just debate.. So I’ll leave you to your forum..

Tank
    I have a FFL license and I served 6 years in the Marines and have a top secret clearance but that gives me no special privilege, I still today work for the Feds and carry a secret clearance and I still feel that I hold no special consideration for buying a gun as I’m no different than Joe Smith the working stiff that has a clean record. We may not agree on this issue but it’s not personal. Heck most don’t agree with what I have to say and I’m the only one that matters to me anyway.

Better tomorrow

2. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

Hey ODd did you check out the NCIC site? Sounds like a pretty thorough data base, and all this info in the blink of an eye.;) Heck maybe we could get the NRA to shove this idea up some polititions...I mean down his throat.:D

3. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

Damn David, your getting slammed by these southern good old
    boys! How many of you all believe there is a "Gun Show Loop-
    hole?" The Brady Bill is not working, some of ya'all watch the Fox News Network (no Liberal BS here, thank you)? Wal-Mart IS
    KILLING the small gunshops (well maybe not kill), but they are
    hurting the small Mom & Pop stores re: PBS-"When Wal-mart
    comes to Town." I won't buy **** from them other then Hunting
    Licenses AND that's only if the DNR offices are closed! If I want
    a firearm I want it NOW, not in 3,4 or 5 days. Seems to me that
    people who are for the waiting period are the same people who
    are against handguns & semi-auto rifles (ie: Assualt rifles). Ex.:
    "Ya don't need a AK-47 to go deer hunting" or "Handguns are
    just for killing pepole!" David how many times have ya heard these statements?

4. Longtom

Bandit,
    It's not my intention to slam anyone!!! Yank their chain a bit?? Maybe? All I'm saying is that it's ludicrous for a gun dealer/Wal-Mart employee (who can't even tell me where the d**n toilet paper is located) to be able to hand over a firearm to some maniac, without first obtaining a background check. Yeah I watch the news. Scary aint it? I believe this Country was built, and stands upon the three Gs. God,guns,& guts. Have you all three? There is no waiting period for the first and last. I was taught from a very early age, that there are rules/laws that must be followed all your life. If you break these rules you are penalized. What's the big deal with a rule that may keep a firearm out of the hands of a criminal? BTW I'm not against handguns or semi-auto rifles. :eek:

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!!!!

5. OneShotBandit

LT,
    Last year on the Fox News Network had a report that the
    criminals that were caught w/the NCIC background only about
    <10% (+/-) were convicted! So if a criminal was turned downed
    by the Wal-Mart decision (to wait the 3 days +/-) would this
    person be arrested? What is Wal-Mart's policy then? If they turn
    the offensive person in, then my hat is off to them! If they don't
    do anything about it other then say "sorry, ya can't buy this
    gun here!" now I have a problem w/that! Actually this thread
    is moot to me as I have a PPP (Personal Protection Permit) &
    can buy & carry home the gun w/o a waiting period (for now),
    if I have to wait BULLSH*T! I wouldn't & won't by a gun from
    these kinda store be it a Discount (NOT) or Gunshop! The 3
    day waiting period will be the DEATH of Gun Shows - just what
    the left wing liberals want! Less laws means freer people! I would rather hang a innocent man, then let a guilty man go free!
    Not really, but ya'all get my drift- a little to the right;) :D

6. Longtom

OSB,
    That's exactly the point I was trying to make yesterday on another thread. These criminals/maniacs, trying to purchase guns from a dealer/show/store, should be arrested on the spot. As they used to say on TV.. "we'll sort it all out down at the station." Pertaining to the <10% thing... Hell, we all know (or at least have a vague idea) where this problem lies. I have a notion that just maybe.. they give us a Conceal Carry Permit in KY, so that we may, as law abiding citizens, do what some of these panty waste Judges refuse to do, (if you catch my drift). I don't know much about gun shows. However I feel confident that most, in attendence have an "I want it and I want it now" attitude. Sorta like a kid in a candy store. Couldn't these dealers ship to people that can't get an instant anwer? I suppose.. one day we may all have a waiting period to purchase a gun. Freedom does not come, without a price, my friend. :(
    Harry

7. OneShotBandit

8. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Longtom,

At gun shows, ALL sales by FFL dealers have to go through the same clearance as at a gun store. There is NO gun show loop hole here!

Sales and other transactions by private individuals, at gun shows or at your house, are not regulated by the Feds, although they are by some states (such as Peoples Republic of Maryland).

Closing the Gun Show Loophole, such as it is, will introduce Federal regulation of private sales between individuals. There are already a number of organizations pushing for Federal regulation of ALL gun transfers, meaning you cannot give your shotgun to your son, daughter, wife, brother or buddy without taking it to the gun store and running the transaction through NICS.

David

9. Longtom

David,
    Do you have to be a FFL dealer to sell a gun at a gun show?:confused:

10. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Longtom,

No, you do not have to have an FFL to set up a table at a gun show, however, the vast majority of vendors at shows that I have attended are. The other thing is that aren't usually that many gun shows per year in each city, unless it is a pretty large one. Thus, unless someone who is "off their rocker" just happens to do so on the right weekend, a gun show isn't a good source for "emotional purchases".
    I can't agree with your first sentence about the attitudes. I've attended gun shows for years in several states, and yes, there is a certain "excitement", if you will, about being able to peruse all of the various vendors offerings. However, better than half of the vendors are selling (or just showing) materials and supplies that range from ammo, parts, clothing, memberships, books and such, versus guns of all makes and sizes. It sure beats having to go around town to various gun shops, sporting goods stores, or surplus stores to find "things". I enjoy going to the hardware store too...does that make me a lunatic? (My wife's answer doesn't count...she won't go to the hardware store with me....;))

Besides, most of us who buy a gun at the local gun shop would like to take our guns home with us too. I'm lucky in that I'm the only person in this state who has my name, and I've never even had a speeding ticket, so I'm not subject to much of a wait. However, I don't feel that I should be subject to having to get permission from the government to exercise my right to purchase a firearm, especially when they don't do a da%n thing to press charges against the criminals who attempt to do so, and let the ones they do catch doing something back out in a few hours, thanks to our liberal judges. So from my standpoint, if I'm looking for a firearm, I'll buy it on a private sale, from any source that I can ascertain is a legal one, before I'll submit to a government check.

Duckmen, come on back, bud!