NRA virus Wal-mart

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Tank, Jul 6, 2002.

1. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Longtom and Woodie,

If you are a "dealer" by ATF standards then you must have a FFL and all sales must go through NICS, gun show or otherwise. I don't know the exact definition of a dealer, but it is something like "make your living selling guns".

A "non-dealer" is someone who casually sells guns from his own collection. I don't know if there is a number or limit on this. Sales by these people are not Federally regulated. From what I have read, this type of gun sales make up a small proportion of sales at shows.

David

ps. Duckmen, come on back!

2. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

TOD,

Thanks for clarifying that. I should have explained it that way in my post.

As for the "Non-Dealers", I usually see the same guys at the shows I go to (2-3/year). I once asked one of them how they kept from having to get an FFL and pay sales tax, but I don't recall the details. The thing I have noticed is that many/most of the non-dealers tend to have higher prices, and this seems to limit their sales along with their limited offerings. However, if you want a collector piece, this is usually where you'll find it.

3. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

Can I then set up a table and sell a gun to someone/anyone w/o doing a background check at a gun show? I am not a dealer. OD... I think "they" are watching a bit closer than we may think. Several years ago, a friend of mine was contacted by the ATF. He was always selling used guns, they (ATF) felt way too many. He was advised to slow down his sales, or become a legitimate dealer. Hey Woodie.. I get that same tingly feeling when I go to our local Rural King store. :l

4. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Longtom,

I don't give no legal advice, specially related to firearms. You're on your own, my friend!!!

David

5. Longtom

David,
    I was just wondering. Shucks, I can sell a gun to Joe Blow down the street. So I guess I already know the answer to that one...duh! :eek:

6. WoodieSC

Longtom, yes, you can pay the fee to get a table and sell your guns to somone without a background check...just like if you put a classified ad in the paper. That's still legal in most states/cities. It's up to you to decide if you choose to do it.

I guess I should ad the same caviat that TOD did....."I'm not a lawyer and I don't give legal advice. You're on your own". I'm just reciting the rules as I know them. ;)

And yes, the ATF is watching things closer than you might think. I have no doubt that there are undercover agents at every show and they do watch the non-dealers also.

I once had an eerie experience with a guy who was standing near the doorway as I left a show. He was dressed in a blue suit with a conservative tie, short blond hair, etc...looked just like an FBI poster child. I made a comment about all the military stuff on sale and how it looked like a revolution was in the making. His return comment was, "It doesn't take guns to have a revolution". From that day forward I began to think a little harder about what was really going on behind the scenes in this country, and unfortunately I don't like what I see.

7. Longtom

Yeah I guess we could all get out our pitchforks, shepherds crooks, torches, etc. Overthrow the Government and replace it with our own. That statement must have went right over my head. I don't understand what the guy meant. I have no intentions of selling any of my firearms!!! Heck the way things are going you may not be able to replace them tomorrow. :(

8. WoodieSC

What I believe the guy was saying to me, based on his facial expression and the way in which he made the statement, was that there are people/forces already in positions of power here that have been and are slowly and methodically making the changes they deem desireable in order to fully control everything and everyone.

If you study the history of the way things have happened here since 1913 when the Federal Reserve came into being, the original vs the current purpose of the IRS, up through the last 40 years of Presidential Executive Orders, and then look at how our Congress has relinquished their Constitutional responsibilities to the Executive Branch, you'll find that we essentially now have a baseless currency, an illegal Federal Police force (with more coming online soon), our liberties and rights are being dismantled, and we are actually only one, yes one (1) Executive Order away from martial law. The media is all but owned in principle by the government, and 25% of the share voting power of the industrial segments of food, energy, communications and transportation are all controlled by none other than David Rockefeller...who also happens to be the head of the Tri-Lateral Commission....which supports a One World Government.

The Panama Canal is now essentially controlled by the Chinese, whom also have an active port under their control in Southern California. The Russians and Germans, from what I understand, now own former U.S. military bases in NJ and Arizona, respectively. And former President Klinton tried to get approval for the use of UN troops on U.S. soil. beginning in 1996.

The bottom line, as scary as it is, is that we aren't all that far from the "coup"...and in fact are probably already there in many respects.

And no, I wouldn't sell any personal firearms if I were you, unless it's just to trade to something more useful for defensive purposes....but that's just my "paranoid" opinion......;)

Spooky stuff, eh? :eek:

Have a good day....and don't loose any sleep over it.....yet....

9. Longtom

OOOOOkay...... I had to ask:eek:

10. WoodieSC

LOL.....I'm spending too much time here...I need to go do something constructive......:D