NRA virus Wal-mart

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by Tank, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

Woodie,
    Sreiously, that was one heck of an enlightening post. Thanks for the info. We are all in this mess together. :sp

2. TxDuckDawg

TxDuckDawg Senior Refuge Member

Duckmen is such a commie.....needs to rip his avatar up and put up a Kaliforney bear flag. :p

3. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

TDD,

I don't know if I'd go that far!

He's OK, he just see this issue clearly!

David

4. Tank

Tank Senior Refuge Member

Thanks guys I'm gad to hear that someone agrees that the Brady Bill is way off course. You know with some of the laws that have been passed, made it agaist the law to own a firearm like domestic violence. So the poor sap, when he or she went to court for a domestic dispute just paid the fine. Now he's been hunting and buying guns for 20 year since this happen. And all at once he isn't allowed to own a gun, but he doesn't even know he's a criminal untill he tries to buy a new shotgun. And to made matters worse , no one that lives in the same house can have a gun at that home,because he might be able to use it in a crime spree. This happen to a guy at work, and no,he didn't beat his exwife.
    This is the kind of bad guy the Brady Bill catches. If this guy would have know that they were going to change the law 20 years later he would have gotten an attorney.
    Come on now, this isn't right! By our state law he could own a gun, but hell no, the feds have the last say.
    If I have a CC permit, there's a good chance that I may already own a firearm besides the shotgun that I have to wait for.
    **** , that's a clue alright!
    What the Brady Bill has done is make the honest people dishonest. Now look at all the dishonest people that's protecting their home with an illegal firearm and they're no even aware of being criminals.
    I"M FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND I'LL PROTECT YOU!

5. duckhuntingUSA

duckhuntingUSA Elite Refuge Member

My 2 cents worth.
    I don't have a problem with the Walmart policy. They cannot legally transfer a gun without the approval. But the approval has a predifined time limit on it, which I know sometimes goes over. But what can they do, it wouldn't make any since for them to break the law. I agree that the Brady Bill and the Gun Control Act have not and will not keep guns out of criminals hands, and people will and can always find ways to kill other people, but I believe in being a law obidding citizen so what can ya do.
    About FFL's. I am not a FFL holder. I am a former FFL holder. Someone mentioned earlier that a FFL holder went thru the same process as anyone else when buying a gun. I don't know if this is true. It didn't used to be true. It used to be you just presented your copy of your FFL to the selling FFL holder and they wrote you down in there log, and you wrote the gun aquisition down in your log and your done.
    FFL dealer and FFL collector used to be 2 different things having to do with the type not quanity of firearms sold.
    I gave up the FFL when they asked for fingerprints and a floor map of the FFL store, then like quadrupled the yearly fee, which I thought was kinda imposing.
    When you have a FFL you get wholesale catalogs and can buy from wholesalers. But if your buying just a couple of guns at a time in most instances it was cheaper for me to purshase guns thru Walmart then pay the shipping from the wholeseller. I have no problem with Walmart. But its not what Sam wanted it to be.
    I have yet to hear of a effective gun control law anywhere in the world.
    In my humble opinion the only gun control we need is the ability to put 5 bullets in a 50 yard 1 inch target in 7 seconds. Which I think ought to be taught in public schools, and I have no problem with my tax dollers supporting these type of school programs.

Just one opinion.

6. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

Wal-Mart has an excellent gunsmithing service, too? :l