NTC 122 steel recipes

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by ghak99, Aug 28, 2005.

1. ghak99

ghak99 Elite Refuge Member

Looking for loading data to use these wads with steel powder and steel shot. 2 3/4 winchester high brass is prefered, but anything using these wads would be appreciated. I did a search but can't use 3 letters to search.

2. Ned S

Ned S Elite Refuge Member

122 NTC shotcups can be used in place of 3" MM shotcups. If you use them in a 2 3/4 load they have to have 1/8" trimmed off which I do on our electric meat slicer. I use the 122 NTC as is in RSI 131 with the Cheddite primer at around 1640 fps. Also I shoot it trimmed in the following load:
    RIO hull
    Cheddite Primer
    38 grs
    Trimmed 122 NTC shotcup
    1 oz of steel 3's
    1640 fps
    I cannot recommend these above loads as they have not been pressure checked. Ned S :tu

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  3. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

There are no printed recipes for NTC wads with Alliant Steel powder.NTC was sold to MEC,who then sold out to Ballistic Products.Their MM wad is most likely the old NTC wad,but they won't admit it.So as Ned says....load at your own risk using Alliant Steel.I do still have the old NTC recipe book that uses "other" powders such as Blue Dot,4756,etc. if you are interested.

4. Ned S

Ned S Elite Refuge Member

I'm loading some shortened NTC 122's in my 2 3/4 Cheddite Primed new Cheddite hulls today. Hope to pattern them tomorrow. This is a 1 oz of steel 3's load. Ned S :tu

5. ghak99

ghak99 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the info

We just had a full bag laying around and figured we might as well try to use them, but could not find any data to use with steel powder.

6. Hal4son

Hal4son New Member

Also looking for load data on these wads. I have SR4756 and Blue Dot on hand. Anyone still have a copy of the load recipe sheet?

7. 43x

43x Elite Refuge Member

8. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

I think i still have a recipe book for ntc will look this week probally be thurs at earliest

9. Drakehammer

Drakehammer Senior Refuge Member

Any chance you found that reload manual and do you happen to have any more of these old wads that you might get rid of?

10. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Been extremly busy working and helping on family farm working ground for beans i should have a chance tommorrow they say it is going to rain sorry i kinda forgot to look been working 15-18 hrs a day. If it rains will look tommorrow

Drakehammer likes this.