NV goose Guide doesn't get it

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Kumduck, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Kumduck

Kumduck Refuge Member

The line of seven vehicles came down Rd. R yesterday just before shoot time, led by a camoed- out pickup truck in a faded yellow tule pattern. They parked in a line just off the road to the east of West Valley Flyway hdqtrs. When the goose flight started at about 7:45 am, the 25 shell(at least) barrages began. Now, all of us have done some sky scraping and have lost birds that sailed into the next county. But, what I witnessed yesterday was the most disgraceful waste of game I have seen in 56 yrs. of hunting. 150 yds. was "on the Deck" for these clowns, forget about the lousy calling and stupid looking wind sock decoy spread set up about 200 yds from someones house. At one point they opened up on a flock of traveling specks (150 yds at least) and sailed four into neighboring fields. This went on until I left at 10:00am. Their antics completely shut down an area that had been very productive when they weren't there.... Oh, I am sure the paying johns got to take home some snow geese and get pictures. But what a price in crippled, lost birds and bad ethics. Ben and Phil probably witnessed this and will know who the "guide" is I am talking about. Watch for his signs on Hwy162 and Rd 39. Avoid this guy at any price!!!

2. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

How can we avoid him if you don`t tell us who it is?

3. Kumduck

Kumduck Refuge Member

I am kind of a new member on this Forum. Already was censored once for hinting at a "nasty" (though very common) cuss word. I am not sure what is allowed as far as divulging this "guides" name, though I would love to!!!

4. gulicemo

gulicemo Elite Refuge Member

If you don't see him listed as a sponsor, flame on.

I'm guessing it starts with B. You can find their (his) handy work on YouTube.

5. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

I guess I need to ask.. since you were close enough to see all this , did you go over and talk to them?? Just to say just what the hell you guys doing ??? Or are you hoping your internet post might get something done with out having to deal with the guy ??

Not really sure whom you want us to avoid..there are several goose guides, and some real good ones too... don't want to give the wrong one some heat..:nutz

6. Jumpshooter

Jumpshooter Elite Refuge Member

So some questions should be asked here. If he is a NV Goose Guide, is he licensed in CA? If not, he should be reported if he is guiding in CA.

Second, you say they shot at a group of specks at 150 yards and sailed 4. I have seen some high shooting, but at 150 yards and sailed 4. Come on, don't exaggerate as it doesn't help build your case.

Know the rules before you post up. They are right here: http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=936629
    If you are going to post up about someone specific, you had better know what is and isn't allowed before you press send.

200 yards from a structure is legal in CA. Know the laws before you post if you are going to complain about something that is completely legal.

What is wrong with wind sock spreads? They kill geese just the same as DSD's in the right conditions.

Stick to the facts. Tell us who the person is or don't put this crud on a public forum.

7. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

I'm guessing you're wrong.

8. Kumduck

Kumduck Refuge Member

Again, I am a new member and not sure of the parameters in giving out a name. I'll tell you this- I wouldn't approach this group with an AK47 and RPGs. Are you crazy??? Plus, I have already rec'd some PMs from members that know this guy. P.S. I have hunted many times with FDO, who always puts his hunters on the best possible hunt, and is ,hands down, the BEST GUIDE in the field.

9. Kumduck

Kumduck Refuge Member

No one is talking about illegality here, pal. It is about poor sportsmanship and bad ethics. Kinda like, "what can I do to enhance the sport instead of being a complete jerk"

10. Jimbo89

Jimbo89 Senior Refuge Member

This would be the work of the infamous one pass Blosser