NW hunting

Discussion in 'Oregon Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

I arrived at my winter abode here in Oregon City last night after a long trek from South Dakota. I did break up the drive by stopping and killing some ducks with friends in the Tri-Cities area though. 2 straight days of driving through snow and ice across South Dakota and Montana weren't overly fun, but I'm still breathing...unlike the ducks we shot yesterday. I already have my Washington license, and will be getting my Oregon license, and I'm looking for folks to hunt with. I don't have a large boat, but I do have an Aquapod and a two man scull boat. I am more than willing to take folks out in the scull boat...if you've never done that it's a lot of fun. I'll find places to hunt, but it would be nice to find people to hunt with. When I'm not hunting I'll spend my time carving and painting decoys and learning the lay of the land for fishing. I'm a retired fireman, don't mind helping with expenses, and I'm not a "fly by night" type of individual. I don't have a lot to offer in return here, but if you get drawn for waterfowl in South Dakota I can put you on birds there. Anyway, I'm glad to be out of the ice for awhile. Yesterday was the first day I've spent in above freezing temperatures in 2 weeks. Here's to a fun winter.

2. blacktail

blacktail Elite Refuge Member

If you have an “in” in SD for whitetail I’ll even carry your pod to where i put in and row it for you.

3. Mean Gene

LOL! Well, if I get to that point I'll let you know. :tu

4. mazenblue

mazenblue Refuge Member

I'm always on the lookout for new people to hunt with myself. I have a sneak boat, decoys duck and goose and I'm willing to travel. Just let me know.

5. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

What rivers are you steelhead fishing after duck season?

6. Mean Gene

Not sure. I still have to find out what fish are where and when.

7. Buzz10

Buzz10 Senior Refuge Member

8. Buzz10

Buzz10 Senior Refuge Member

Hi Gene, You hunted with my friend Jack Woods recently on the Columbia. I live 10 minutes from you in West Linn so please call me for lunch. Ed 503-501-7494

9. Mean Gene

Will do Ed. Thanks.