NY Times Op Ed - Sr Admin Official

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by gock5, Sep 5, 2018.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Trump brings the vast majority of bad press on himself. He’s his own worst enemy.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I concur, to an extent. Mostly, they "playboy" type stuff he seems to have not given up after his marriage(s), but that was way before he was president, and the Dems have been proving to us since the 60s that a presidents affairs aren't all that big-a-deal, unless it's a guy with an (R) beside his name. So, are they now again supposed to make us believe they are the morality police? Did Trump bring Russian collusion on himself? Or, did a fake dossier brought Russian collusion upon him? Do you think all the media outlets will retract their articles spreading that as the gospel, once it's all said and done? Or will they just "forget about it", and act like they never said or meant it, and expect the country to do the same?

Michael likes this.
  3. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I equate you with the person who Trump said he could shoot on Fifth Avenue and wouldn't lose any votes. :rolleyes:

4. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

Home run.

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

LOL. Have you read the number of times I've corrected posters on this PAF that Trump is a moderate - he is not a conservative? Have you read any of my posts regarding the Trump Administrations mistake increasing of Federal Government Spending as well as increasing the Federal Debt? Then again maybe I shouldn't be bashing Trump if according to the OP Op-ED he isn't in control.... :l

You continue to be concerned with popularity - it suits you. I'll keep an eye on policies.

OneShotBandit and stevena198301 like this.
  6. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

You are en fuego today.

Yes, Trump does bring some of it on himself - but we knew that going into the deal.

What baffles me is how the press (which is to be a conduit of relevant information, assisting the electorate to make wise voting decisions) puts Stormy Daniels above the fold, but either buries the positive economic news on page 10b, or qualifies it with several paragraphs containing a whole parade of terribles from anonymous "experts' about how the good news is somehow bad.

But let's go another direction.

With Trump taking the heat for all of these (basically) irrelevant soap opera like issues - the press dedicates less air and ink time to condemning Trump's policy measures - which are by and large the issues which are contrary to those that would be championed by the press, are positions he ran on, and for the most part contain policies that he has been successful in enacting.

Maybe Trump is crazy like a fox by having them watch his left hand while he enacts his policy measures with his right hand. That the media continues to take the bait should once and for all put a nail in the coffin of any pretense that the media, is some sort of neutral watch dog, or an appropriate political/moral arbiter.

widgeon likes this.
  7. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

Cause the msm says so?

widgeon, OneShotBandit and Brottboss like this.
  8. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Watching Senator Leahy currently and I find it totally egregious his lack of transparency, what a complete piece of hypocritical trash he is, looking for ALL of the emails on Mr Kavanaugh.
    My disdain for the DNC just grows more every day.
    They, the whole DNC along with a swath of their constituency, lack retrospect and certainly carry amongst themselves little or no humility.
    The "**********s" shall remain in the drivers seat.

lugnut, OneShotBandit and Michael like this.
  9. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Media has joined lawyers... running neck and neck in the race to determine which is most turd like.

widgeon likes this.
  10. MrMallard88

MrMallard88 Senior Refuge Member

I think Trump wrote the op-ed :dv

3inch3's, widgeon and stevena198301 like this.