Oakland Gun Buy-back. . complete with IOU's!

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by 'tween_fly_ways, Mar 1, 2008.

1. 'tween_fly_ways

'tween_fly_ways Moderator Moderator

It's hard to believe cities still try this, lol. I'm sure we've all got a few old guns in disrepair that we'd let go for $250.:grvn
    Remainder of Article

2. Shockwave

Shockwave Elite Refuge Member

Here is a commentary on what one fellow does for gun buybacks in Chicago. King Daiey refers to Mayor Dick Daley, a big gun anti:

"Took advantage of King Daley's gun buy back today. Took eight non functioning (cylinders missing, barrels gone, hammers missing etc etc) piece of junk Iver Js mossbergs RG pieces of crap in to the Chicago Islamic center today and got 800.00 worth of mastercard debit cards. Stood around for awhile watching and didn't see anything better then a rusted solid mossberg 22 rifle turned in. Guess all the Glock, S&w, Colt, and Kolars got surrendered before I got there. I was hoping to swap an extra card or two for a nice T/S or Kreighoff. Went right to my local gunshop and put them to good use right away! They will never learn, it isn't the arrow, it is the Indian. I've been going to do this for several years, and finally did it. It paid off. That is $800.00 that they can't give to Brady, and I supported the gunshop."

3. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

You're a real trip. Good on ya! I never even thought of it that way!!!

4. greenhead01

greenhead01 Senior Refuge Member

How do you find out about these? I could trade in a few for that kind of money. I see old guns all the time for 150 - 200. I think I'd be like the guy with the 60 in the trunk!:yes

5. duxh8me

duxh8me Elite Refuge Member

Dallas had one a few years ago whrer they were buying toy guns for $5 after an incident, I will be stocking up on 25 cent garage sale guns!!!

6. pumpgunner

pumpgunner Elite Refuge Member

we did one last year. but gave out gift caRDS to stores instead of cash. didn't help one bit in this hunter/cop's mind. also had one supicious looking person turn in a gun, but saw a lot of great guns go by, by.

7. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I've heard of people offering to buy guns from those in line. Sounds like a good idea to me!

8. pumpgunner

pumpgunner Elite Refuge Member

the thought did pass a few of our minds. especially when the uzi came thru.

9. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

Pumpgunner, I thought ACLU actually stood for Atheist Communist Lawyers Union.:yes

10. waldosworld

waldosworld Senior Refuge Member

Missed this thread , some great ideas here, sure I could dig up some beaters at that price, good way to pay for a new gun and prove the anti lobby dorks are idiots at the same time.