Obregon did not dissapoint!

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Crazy_Farmer, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Crazy_Farmer

Crazy_Farmer Senior Refuge Member

Would like to thank Ramsey and Anita and the whole Getducks.com team for putting this on. Every step of the way was as painless and well organized as I've come to expect from them. Frank the owner of the outfit was as on the ball as I've seen yet. His staff and air boat guys were truely amazing. Bar none.

I wanted to come home with some teal slams, shovelers, mexican mallards. Was able to take all and more. And the whole exporting was handled by Pat Pitt and was a breeze! The permits and paperwork and crossing customs in Dallas, Pat made it look easy.

Had to leave canada early becuase of freezing rain forecasted. right on the verge of freezing.

[​IMG]

Met up with most of the group in Dallas. We hit freezing rain there before take off and had to be de-iced!

[​IMG]

Arriving into Hermosillo at night sure was pretty. Stepped off the plane to 60-70 degree weather doesnt hurt either.

[​IMG]

First light heading to a duck hole we were gonna hunt all morning and after lunch. What a introduction to Mexico duck hunting it was!

[​IMG]

2. Crazy_Farmer

Going on this trip there was some birds I wanted to take. Some were firsts for me, others I wanted mounted. Cinnamons, Blue wing teal, redheads, I have never had the chance to take. A prime shoveler is something we do not even get close to back home even in january.

[​IMG]

I didnt get the cinnamon that day, but I did get the blue wing and plenty of beauty GWT.

[​IMG]

Now this was a first for me! I was like why is my seat so heavy hahaha The outfitter and whole operation was top notch start to finish. I cant picture myself shooting ducks in mexico in 70 degree weather and sitting on a chest of ice! Kept the ducks cool too we wanted to mount.

[​IMG]

This was the shoveler pile it was 2 feet high by the time we finished. A ton of green wings in this spot, and a few lucky others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great bird boys!

[​IMG]

3. Crazy_Farmer

The lodge was amazing, Game from around the world that Frank the owner has taken. Monster whitetail and mulies. Moose, bears, everything. Cant say enough about Frank, one of a kind.

[​IMG]

Hands down the best guacamole I have ever had in my life. They had some waiting for us after every morning hunt. And margaritas too!

[​IMG]

Second day we did a amazing brant hunt in the morning, and I shot mexican mallards in the afternoon.

Hunting from mangroves was a very neat hunt. Different then Baja but a super hide, you dissapear against the back group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The airboats were a super cool to see in person, Never been on one and I like em!

[​IMG]

4. Crazy_Farmer

[​IMG]

Love me some lead 4s!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple banded brant taken from our group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Crazy_Farmer

Black brant and a couple redheads! What I'm talking about!

[​IMG]

Ramseys dog Cooper, was darn plain DONE after two days in mexico. As Ramsey said, she retrieved as many in 2 days in mexico as she did in 1-2 months back home/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Crazy_Farmer

Third morning and afternoon we did a duck hunt in a fresh water lagoon and then to the marsh for the afternoon.

Nice to see so many birds wintering down here. I never thought about where all the redheads and pintails end up from the states. This answered it.

[​IMG]

Shoot a few gadwall, but this was a pretty good drake

[​IMG]

Last day in Mexico was a brant morning hunt and then an afternoon of prime teal taking.

[​IMG]

Hunting the mangroves was super neat to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Crazy_Farmer

[​IMG]

Main reason for the coming to Mexico besides chasing Brant

[​IMG]

Sad to leave but the morning we left Hermosillo was a beautiful sunset

[​IMG]

And of course came home through Seattle, rained the whole way home.

[​IMG]

8. Crazy_Farmer

And the only regret of the entire trip was letting this scoundrel shoot this bird right before I shot it!

Would of been my first redhead too haha!!

[​IMG]

9. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Elite Refuge Member

Definitely a fun place. Looks like the spoonies took it on the chin!

10. Crazy_Farmer

That first day they sure did. I have the best of about 50 drake spoons headed for the wall. Prime as it gets