Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

October Sask Reports?

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Rudd, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Bill Artwich

Bill Artwich Senior Refuge Member

870, you've made great points, not about the number of hunters but the amount of ground being tied up. We've experienced the practice of NR groups and Outfitters securing way more ground than they could every get to hunt within a reasonable amount of time. Its a greedy mentality that needs to stop. I know that if I look back at our notes there were numerous fields we called on that were already spoken for by hunters that held birds for days and never got hunted once.

2. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Senior Refuge Member

The way the regs read for sask u need to carry ledger while bird hunting (specie unspecified), can't print them off internet. Have to wait for them in mail or specify old ledger number for new lisence (multiple phone calls, need old, unused ledger). If u think all that's easy u are incorrect. I just went thru it. Now buying a ND nonresident license, that's super easy. I used to buy mine on the phone while driving to ND. I tell them my dates, pay, get a confirmation number, done. Took 10min on the phone. Canada is quite the opposite

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

:scratch
    Important information that applies to Canadian and nonresident game bird hunters ·
    Canadian and non-resident game bird hunters must use a harvest ledger to record the harvest of sharp-tailed grouse and gray (Hungarian) partridge which have annual bag limits. · If you wish to purchase your game bird licence online, you must first obtain a blank, unregistered harvest ledger. · Ledger packs containing blank unregistered ledgers, can be obtained free of charge from Saskatchewan licence issuers, or ordered online or by phone.
    http://publications.gov.sk.ca/documents/66/93283-Hunters and Trappers Guide.pdf

4. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

No.....sorry you are the one who is incorrect.....I went through the same process. The ledger is free and comes from inside the US.Took 2 days to get here. Took all of 15-20 minutes to get the Sask license and that much time to get the federal duck stamp. Takes me longer to get my ND license and I had to go to the post office to get the duck stamp. I will take the ease of getting a license in Canada over one from here.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  5. Lmbkiller

Not even close to how it worked for me and another guy. So no, I'm not incorrect. And not sure why u went to post office to get your federal duck stamp? (In the states?).

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Post office is a Federal facility. It is a Federal Duck Stamp. They send them there. And, they are everywhere.

7. thunderfromdownunder

thunderfromdownunder Senior Refuge Member

Never have been asked for the merica fed stamp in Canada ?

8. Native NV Ducker

Because he asked.....

9. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Read above what I said. Where did I say I get a US Federal Duck Stamp to hunt in Canada. I was comparing getting a ND state license along with the US federal duck stamp with doing the same in Sask and Canada. For everyone in our party it was easier to get what we needed to hunt in Sask.
    I have been hunting waterfowl in the US since I turned 16 and had to start buying the federal stamps at the post office. That's 53 years of buying duck stamps at a post office.

Anyway.....not worth arguing about it. Just 2 people with different opinions.

10. Lmbkiller

Thanks for sharing the link....obviously u didn't read it. Read the last bullet point in "harvest ledger" section. I'm carrying mine wherever I go and whatever I'm hunting while in Canada. It was a huge pain in the *** to get mine.