Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

October Sask Reports?

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Rudd, Oct 11, 2017.

1. grande long

grande long New Member

come on guys easy with the rules and regs suggestions.travel hunting/fishing has become a bit more popular lately lots of northerners go south in winter some of us go north in the fall were all not outlaws and some of us do good for our host communities.

2. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

A bit more popular? I wonder if you will be singing the same tune in 20 years when you can't get on land. You think it cant happen? Trust me it can.

3. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

That is insane. Two miles away? It must be beyond a circus in nebraska.

4. grande long

grande long New Member

5. grande long

grande long New Member

recker all things in life change why you think travel hunting exsists guys that grew up with the heritage and good hunting now have to chase it further if they can.our sport is suffering from ageing hunters with good ethics and newer generations without,be thankful more of the young guns cant afford to go global.i dony disagree that canada can become nd but everyone has this close the gate after im on mentallity i want my grand kids to see it hopefully.

6. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

I've been waterfowl hunting for almost 45 years and first went to ND with my grandfather when I was at the age of 12. I once owned a home in ND just for hunting. You couldn't pay me now to go back and hunt that state with all the changes that have happened to it. ( except for the Spring snow season ) If you don't think that this isn't going to happen ALL over You're NUTS!!!! Hunting is becoming a Rich man's sport and that's just the way it goes.

CNWD likes this.
  7. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Couple things, here is Manitoba's definition as per Manitoba Conservation's guidelines.

B. Outfitter and Facility Classifications

Facilities and services are classified as follows:

Outfitter
    means a person who, for gain, remuneration or reward or the hope or expectation of gain, remuneration or reward, provides two or more outfitting services to others in connection with hunting, fishing or ecotourism activities; Outfitting service
    means the provision of
    (a) supplies or equipment for use in connection with hunting, fishing or
    ecotourism activities,
    (b) the services of a guide, or
    (c) accommodation facilities;

http://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/susresmb/pdf/handbook_june_2008.pdf

grande long likes this.
  8. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

The impact of NR hunters in the Prairie Provinces is most definitely on the minds of those that make the rules and regulations. As you can tell from this thread there has been a growing concern by resident hunters of the effect of NR have had over the past number of years. In the past, I myself have dealt with illegal outfitting and illegal hunting practices from a group of visiting NR hunters.

As such, it seems change is in the wind. Manitoba Sustainable Development has recently just released an online and paper survey that hunters and anglers can take to voice their concern over a wide number of issues, one of them being NR waterfowl hunters. The question as taken from the survey is below, there is also a section for people to write their comments.

Question 2:

Should restrictions be placed on foreign resident waterfowl hunters?

Background: Foreign resident hunters (non-Canadians) may currently hunt waterfowl for an unlimited number of days, within the established season for a particular area (e.g., southern Manitoba: September 24 to November 30). On average, about 3,500 foreign resident waterfowl hunters come to Manitoba each year. New restrictions could include a tag system, quota system (maximum number of foreign resident hunters), or term licences (e.g., seven days).

http://www.manitoba.ca/sd/preference_surveys.html

This survey is open for hunters to take and voice their opinion, so I would encourage everyone to take the time to answer the survey.

Lastly, this survey is based in Manitoba, but I am pretty sure whatever is decided here will also be implemented in Saskatchewan and Alberta.

9. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

It's mainly Iowa and Minnesota non resident hunters looking to access the missouri river. Season long NR license vs. SD's lotteries. I don't think Nebraska gets a ton of non resident pressure anywhere else. Not sure.

10. grande long

grande long New Member