Off Topic

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by jdduckman, Nov 28, 2017.

1. jdduckman

jdduckman Refuge Member

Hunted last Sunday 75+ degrees.
    I have a nice warm waterproof coat that has an inside pocket and 4 outside pockets + a call pocket. I need the pockets.
    Love hoodies, but there are not enuff storage.
    Any recommendations for a waterproof lightweight/shell jacket with a hood and a few pockets pocket?

I perspire profusely and as a result get lots of muscle cramps. I have started using dill pickle juice for the cramps and it seems to work pretty darn fast.

2. baltz526

baltz526 Senior Refuge Member

Most warm days I wear a Herter's camo parka. It comes with a zip out insulated jacket. Which I almost never use. The shell is light enough for the warm days. I wear a fleece jacket or pull over under it on cold days or in the wind. It is not rain gear. But will allow for hunting through moderate rain The current version is on sale http://www.cabelas.com/product/HERTERS-INSULATED-PARKA/1926061.uts?slotId=2

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  3. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Following baltz's lead;
    The outer shell of most any 4-in-1 parka should meet your needs; lots of pockets, waterproof, breathable, and a hood.

4. baltz526

baltz526 Senior Refuge Member

I use a day pack for all my extra pocket needs.

JP likes this.
  5. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Sounds like you just need to wear a duckin vest like avery or other companys make. Theres your pockets without the heat buildup from jacket.